SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric or Battery Chain Saws - I'd like to hear your input & recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric or Battery Chain Saws - I'd like to hear your input & recommendations Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
My dad is a Makita brand whore so my brother got him a Makita XCU03PT for Christmas and he uses it weekly around the farm. He loves it.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
I have a small (14" ??) Remington corded electric that works quite well and has for some years.

I used my sister's Kobalt/Lowes 80V / 18" cordless chainsaw earlier in the year and that thing is a beast. Battery lasts a long time and cut all manner of small trees and limbs with it. It lasted longer than I did.

I have the earlier 40v version of this saw and agree about the power and longevity of the battery. Since we have the lawnmower and string trimmer that use the same batteries (with three chargers also) battery life isn't a real issue, just need to swap batteries.

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had one of these for about 4 years.

https://www.stihlusa.com/produ...tery-saws/msa200cbq/

It has been up to any task I've thrown at it so far. General trimming, cutting up blow down limbs from storms. Largest probably 8-10" in diameter. Run time is around 40 minutes per battery charge.

My wife has used it every year to cut down our large stands of pampas grass.

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If you're using an electric chain saw, just be careful you don't get it caught in your skirt.

Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
If you're using an electric chain saw, just be careful you don't get it caught in your skirt.

Wink

Or anything else. Safety chaps specifically state that they will not stop an electric chainsaw. That said, I'd still wear chaps.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Wink

It's a kilt, I tell ya'!!! Big Grin

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post