SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When to get a second cat?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When to get a second cat? Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My cat HATES other cats. He plays & sleeps when I'm at work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a local shelter and I adopted a 2 year old extremely friendly cat that I go back to pick up next week after it gets the rabies shot and a microchip inserted. I will do the slow separate room thing with them to give them time to get used to each other. She is petite and is only 6 pounds so I will be supervising them quite close when they finally do meet.

I wanted a Maine Coon but the one they had is not friendly and I didn't want to make a commitment with a cat that may not work out.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and I will post her pic when I get her home. Oh, and this one was free since I am a first responder.

Posts: 1158 | Location: Near Orlando, FL | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Mine is my rock and my joy. Since I'm home 24/7 I guess that makes me a "second cat" so to speak Smile Good on you Fireman Frank and will look forward to the new photos!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post