SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Penzey's "spice delivery" - Excessive liberal preaching free with every order.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penzey's "spice delivery" - Excessive liberal preaching free with every order. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Penzey quickly blocked me from their Facebook page and deleted my post when I tried to set them straight.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Odd that not ONE post that isn't in agreement is seen. He keeps mentioning the NFL yet ignores the fact that their attendance and viewers is dropping like a stone/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Nothing like alienating 64 million customers. The guy has been ranting for months.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I remember this idiot and the rantings from the election. They were a boycott back then, still are.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
I remember this idiot and the rantings from the election. They were a boycott back then, still are.

Looks like things have not changed much over at Penzeys HQ -

Penzeys Spices Offers ‘Republicans Are Racists Weekend!’ Deal

But wait! There’s more!! For every order. . .

The order contains free 10 BLM stickers because they have “earned our respect!”

I for one am glad to see more and more of these folks losing their minds.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortunately there are none of these stores in NH. Never heard of them until this post.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
FWIW the Spice House is the same family. However, back in 2017 the Spice House folks said they were not a political company and leaving politics out of it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I refuse to give one cent to that grandstanding, preachy liberal asshole no matter how good his product is.

Order from The Spice House, that is his sister and a rival brand and she's made it clear that she's not out to demagogue any of her customers over their politics.

The Spice House

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
There was one over in Raleigh next to this great breakfast place. Looks like it went tango uniform thankfully!!

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Fortunately there are none of these stores in NH. Never heard of them until this post.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Why? I just don't understand why a company CEO would openly seek to alienate customers. If you're running a corporation with shareholders, those shareholders should make very clear this is unacceptable behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are wrong about the spice house. New owners not the Penzey family. https://www.thespicehouse.com/...bout-the-spice-house

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
The disgusting irony of this is that Penzy's has one of their only retail storefront operations in my hometown, Cedarburg, WI, which is one of the most staunchly Republican places in the midwest. Voted over 60 percent for Trump in both elections. The owner is a POS and a hypocrite.

https://www.wisconsinrightnow....5/bill-penzey/?amp=1

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Looks like we are wrong about the spice house. New owners not the Penzey family. https://www.thespicehouse.com/...bout-the-spice-house

It was Patty Erd, sister of Bill Penzey, until recently.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So long as the new owners of The Spice House also keep politics out of it I’ll stay a customer.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new folks taking over from the sister may be quite normal and may follow the sister's model. Or not. I guess time will tell.

But, I thought our own Forum-member beancooker was the honcho of a spice-selling business. At least he was not long ago.

We've looked at his website and the stuff looked pretty darn good. We haven't made an order yet (sorry-just put it off), but when we do it'll be from there since we are pretty sure he's not too much of a lib.

We don't want to support anyone who seems so far away from reality as the brother and we like to support our own members here and on other forums we frequent when we can.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Around 2 or 2.5 years ago I was looking online for spices I could not readily find locally.

I ran across Penzey's spice website and I don't know what exactly happened, now I realize I must have clicked on a FOLLOW button to learn of sales, etc.

However, what that was was actually a bunch of the most hateful, venomous, trash mouthed, evil shits I've ever run across, before or since. I mean, it was totally shocking. Endless posts, all the time, of pure evil hatred IMO.

So, I posted a question, what's all this? I didn't subscribe for this? That's all I asked.

Immediately the horde descended on me and the vicious vile piled on me. I was immediately called a TRUMPER and GTFO and why are you here? You had to click on to join!

My next question, since I didn't know, was how to get off of this group? It got worse, I was called an idiot for being a Trumper and too stupid to unsubscribe.

I finally figured out how I happened to end up with such a shitty group and how to GTFO and away from those abominable awful aborent despicable excuses for human beings.

I vowed right then and there to NEVER buy anything from Penzey.

In retrospect, I think it was like dying and waking up in Hell, that's the level of evil vehement hate there.

I can't understand, but I do realize it exists, how people can live their life with such an immensely consumibng amount of white hot hatred.

So.....Fuck'em, evil bitches, and fuck you too Bill Penzey.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Another option is the Savory Spice Shop (www.savoryspiceshop.com). I have been ordering from them for years and have been very satisfied. They have some really interesting blends.

A couple years ago, I got a Penzey's set as a gift. It is still sitting in my cupboard unused.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of equal importance is the need for us to share this info with as many people like ourselves as possible. No doubt there are a lot of people that have no idea how this business perpetuates hate and division.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They have a brick and mortar store in Phoenix and it was on my list to go there one of these days. No more.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Savory Spice is the one I use, also.

I haven't gotten any political dribble from them.

https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post