SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Odd request - measure iPhone 6s stock power cord
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd request - measure iPhone 6s stock power cord Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Hi, odd request..... Smile

I'm in need of measure the length of something. I don't have a tape measure (I'm travelling). The only thing I have in my possession that may be somewhat common is my iphone charger cable.

If possible, can someone measure the cable portion only, exclusive of the stress relief and connectors (don't include the USB/Lightening connectors nor the cable stress relief sections on either end)?

I'll use that to make my measurements. Thanks.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
39 3/4" is what the cable that came with my 5s is.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
My 6s cord sans the end portions is 40"

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick help, guys! Close enough for my needs.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
FWIW a US paper dollar bill is right at 6 inches long, I've used this to measure things before. Folding it will give less inches to break down the numbers. A regular size sheet of paper is 8.5 x 11 inches.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Although unfortunately I find myself without access to either. Smile

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

1 meter. You can get 2 and 3 meter models.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, wouldn't it be handy if the inside of your belt had a yardstick marked on it?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post