SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The owl and the super moon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The owl and the super moon Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Last night our neighborhood Great Horned Owl was perched atop his favorite dead pine with the super moon rising behind him. What a beautiful sight. The relative humidity dropped to 21% yesterday afternoon. I've lived on the gulf coast for decades and have never seen humidity that low. Like being in California for half price. Clear skies and high of 70 today; I'll play golf. Life is good and I have much to be thankful for.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Owls are raising babies right now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen ours, but while I was out last night burning some debris, the local Great Horned Owl was being very vocal. Loved it Big Grin

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
My little guys (and gals) are back. Had 4 or 5 of them last year, I saw 2 of them a few nights ago.
Screechers?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Nice I have a screech owl in a pine stand near the front of my property. I usually greet him as I walk my pups in the early morning.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have big Barred owls here. Usually solo but have had as many as four at once.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen the one that lives behind our house yet, but I hear it back there hootie-hooing fairly often. I know there are some hawks that hang around our house as well, and I HAVE seen them hanging out in big 'ole trees waiting for dinner to show up. One of them had robin for lunch the other day, as evidenced by the pile of feathers left sitting in the yard!

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post