SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Long Hours, Missing You All:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Hours, Missing You All: Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted
AEP season for Medicare kicks off on Oct. 15, started for me Oct. 1. Most days I can hop on and off SF in the office, and if not post, at least keep up with you all, this time of year there is zero time between calls, a 48-62hr work week, too tired to get on before bed. Which makes me kind of laugh as it's a desk job, but the stressed out customers kick my ass more than any factory or physical job ever did.

I am really missing you my SF Family.

Looking back to where I was just two years ago, the transformation is incredible. I never though I could financially get back on my feet after years of un- and under employment. I paid off back State Taxes, nearly finished CC debt. and should cover the last of Fed. Taxes next year.

I know we have friends here who haven't recovered from the down turn still. Keep pushing, you are all in my prayers, if a goof ball like me can pull through anyone can; Don't quit.

After annual enrollment I have plans to re-open Appalachian Concealment, (finally, it was painful to put my labor of love on hold), but it was the right decision to not rush back into it. To get finances fully under control so the business could restart with no outside worries, and income/capitol to stock parts and Kydex.

You guys have always been there for me, thank you all for your prayers, fellowship, and kindness. I could never have made it without you and one other forum, the salt of the earth members of both went way beyond to make sure I made it. I will forever love, and be in your debt. It's hard to be away, but I will be back Dec. 7. Everyone take care, always thankful for Sig Forum, Para, Staff, and members.

- Matthew

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Keep kicking ass! Well done!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hey, there he is! Thanks for checking in. Love hearing good news.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
It's good to see you post and hear you're doing well Matt!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Glad you're doing well, Matt.

And for what it's worth: the horse pic above may just be the funniest thing I've seen today. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Love to see a comeback story that involves hard work and intestinal fortitude. Glad to see what is happening in your life. Congrats on finally seeing daylight.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats a great update - keep pounding away

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good (and Hard) work!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear all is well. That's great!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always look forward! Congrats, and my hopes for continued success!

Say "hi" to the kittehs as well.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Always look forward! Congrats, and my hopes for continued success!

Say "hi" to the kittehs as well.

I lost my Monterrey back in January, 17 years wasn't enough, but she had a very fortunate life and I was blessed to share it with her. I know we usually share these things here, but I just never could bring myself to post it.

Banshee is doing fantastically well, she's 4 now, and such a sweet cat. I'll have to share pics sometime, she is gorgeous.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

I lost my Monterrey back in January, 17 years wasn't enough, but she had a very fortunate life and I was blessed to share it with her. I know we usually share these things here, but I just never could bring myself to post it...

We share that difficulty, as you know, Matthew. I couldn't open up here the times I lost them, either, and believe me, 17 years isn't long enough.

BTW, I sent you a PM a couple minutes ago, before I read your response about Monterrey.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're busy and doing well.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Most excellent! Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Great to see you post Smile...your SIGForum family misses you...glad to see things are on the upswing Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayer works! It's good to hear you and the little one are doing well Matthew. Hope you received the emails.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh AEP. The wild Wild West time. I know it well. I am on the tech/data security side of the fence but have put my time in as well.

This AEP year has been easy for me this year so far.

There is a cycle to this business.
AEP ramp up
AEP wild Wild West
AEP ramp down
A few months for the rest of us to push through/get our projects approved/worked etc.
AEP ramp up

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post