SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wood floor Redon question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood floor Redon question Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
My son bought a house with wood floors. They need to be restained. How tuff is it for us to rent the equipment and do versus hiring it out???

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
We just bought a house last May with all hardwood. Wife wanted them redone and I tossed around the idea of doing it myself, since I like doing these kinds of things.

After much research, I decided to hire someone (which is very unlike me) to do it. The 5 chain smoking Cambodian guys did a hell of a job on the 2800' sq feet of floors including steps.

They have all of the equipment, floor sanders, dust catchers, etc that made this a quick and easy job (Had to sleep somewhere else for a few days). Their price was great too.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Dayum Ramius. Ya think they travel? Wish we had someone like that around here. The locals won’t even respond to phone calls.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post