SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The most delicious pasta dish you have never had-- but now you can have
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most delicious pasta dish you have never had-- but now you can have Login/Join 
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Ten onions-- and don't forget the secret ingredient-- over the course of six or seven hours, in a pot with a chunk of beef and cubes of prosciutto ham, melt down to the most incredibly luscious sauce you have ever tasted. Try it.

I notice you did not mention any "liquid" added to this recipe? just the meat/onions give enough liquid? Or do you add in the water per the onion soup mix?

(my mouth was watering reading this!)

Check 4 posts above yours. Wink

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That question was raised in the thread, above. No need to add water, the chopped onions will release water as they carmelize, just keep the pot covered.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Six or seven hours. Well now.

I wanna to try it, but I'm gonna use the pressure cooker the first time. If that doesn't get me speakin' I-talian, then I'll dedicate 6-7 hours. I'll let you know.

BTW, you can copy/paste anything from the forum onto Google Docs, choose "paste without formatting".

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Gonna try this!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
Have a pot of it on the stove right now.

Thx!

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm not a good example. The only Italian dish (say pasta) that I will order is spaghetti Bolognese (well, I'll take "meat sauce" if that's all that is available). If pressed hard I'll eat chili mac. (I only go to an Italian restaurant if with a group.) And I don't eat cheese at all.

I found this purportedly authentic recipe for Ragu Bolognese on the web--it sounds delicious! http://foodnouveau.com/recipes...tic-bolognese-sauce/

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got everything today. Plan to make it tomorrow. Don’t have plans to go anywhere because my youngest had surgery on Thursday and is still recovering. Actually works out well. I was surprised to find bucatini at my grocery store. I’ll put up a post tomorrow with the results.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post