SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

You know what else he did with the last few grains in his hour glass? He spent it with us and for us. He behaved selflessly to the end that way. That is what I came to admire about him. I hope he knew/knows how grateful I am to him for that example.

Amen

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this. A wonderful man with great experience which offered great insight.

Cheers to JALLEN.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I saw this today, Tuesday morning, before dawn leaving for work. I was just busy with life and hadn't checked in all weekend and then some. Like others have said, I felt I knew him, and wanted to meet him at some point, though I knew it was unlikely. So many of the posts here express so much better than I can the depth of Jim's impact on all of us. For me, just his clarity of thought and intellect made his thoughts and opinions (on just about anything) genuinely pleasurable to read. His humor, wisdom, experiences, insightful opinions, even his ethos. It was like crack to me. Clearly it was for others too.

I too am glad he is finally pain free. There is also a joy in knowing of a good, full life, so thoroughly lived. Still, I was far more affected by this news than I previously thought possible.

Jim, you will be sorely missed sir. May God bless you and keep you.
I am very glad to have had the chance to benefit from your presence.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn....I just got back from a work trip and I get a notice that I hadn't turned-in my rent, walk in the door and there it is on the counter, my rent check that I had forgotten to turn-in before leaving last week. Now, I log-in to this great community and see this news. One of the wise and great members of this forum has passed. I very much appreciated JAllen's perspective and professional opinion on various subjects. He will be missed and we are diminished. Frown

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
RIP Jim. We're going to miss you! Frown

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I always appreciated his intellect and willingness to share what he was so passionate about. He stood out and was extra-ordinary extraordinary. Prayers of comfort for his family and friends.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May he rest in peace. He was one of the reasons I'm addicted to (mostly lurking) on this great forum.

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
My condolences to JALLEN's family.

Although we never met, I was always proud to have him as a neighbor in the hill country.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
A life well lived and a life to be remembered by us all. Godspeed Jallen. And prayers for strength for all who held you dear.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Very sad news, JALLEN will absolutely be missed. Condolences to his family.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
The man went out with his boots on and his dignity well in tact. Fair winds and following seas to a class act.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The man will be missed. Always enjoyed his perspective. It was a privilege to have been on the board with him.

Posts: 613 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed his posts and his steadfast presence on the forum. Rest in peace Jim, you will be truly missed by many.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. Rest in peace Jim.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I have to smile when I think of the heavenly detail that has to restrain him from trying to post about the last few days events.

"No Mr. Allen, you can't do that...."

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Jim.......

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
It’s not going to be the same around here.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post