SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Godspeed JALLEN. I have a feeling the quality of discussion in heaven is about to get slightly better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
So hard to believe he could be gone. His intellect was so nimble, his tongue was so sharp, his wit was so dry, his humility so honest. There was a fullness to his words that conveyed the man behind them in a way that is rare even among this group. Godspeed, JALLEN. Godspeed.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Genuinely saddened.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I had the fortune of meeting Jim and Martine in September. My wife and I spent a couple of hours with them, an honor I’m glad I got to experience.

Heartbreaking for his beautiful wife. But I’m sure he’s playing that tuba of his somewhere in the sky with a smile on his face.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A true class act, all the way to the end.

We are diminished.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family, SIGfamily, and friends. He will be missed; i thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts and thought-out opinions on all topics. May we all live as long and be as wise as he.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm saddened to hear that. RIP.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
God bless you, Jim. May you rest in peace.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He will definitely be missed here. RIP J.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Truly sad. He will be missed, even by a bunch of invisible friends on the internet.

RIP

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
You will be greatly missed, Jim. Rest in peace.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Jim. You will be missed, even by those of us who only knew you through your words here.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 616 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Godspeed, sir.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
RIP Old-Timer. You loved this Country, so clearly. You were a staple of my day, every day for over a decade. God Speed.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Sad news, but thank you for forwarding.
We all knew it was coming, JALLEN most of all. It doesn’t lessen the sting one bit.
RIP, JALLEN.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Go with God, and condolences to his family.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
God bless you and your family JALLEN. Your contributions and presence here on the forum will be fondly remembered and sorely missed. Rest in peace and rejoice in heaven.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a bad feeling when he told us about hospice care, but this was quick.

I'm very grateful that he is no longer suffering, that this final stage was somewhat brief, but I'm also immensely saddened and frankly a bit shocked that he's gone.

Damn, I miss him already!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
His life was a jaw-dropping list of personal and professional achievements.

I made a point to read every thread he started, but he'll be missed far beyond this site.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post