SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I expect he will be posting his opinion on it soon.

I received a reply to an email I sent to Jim from Martine asking me to pass on that Jim passed away early Friday morning.

Absolutely heartbreaking new but not unexpected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna miss that man.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Dammmit

Most of us would be fortunate to live half the life he did

May he be at peace

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know, we knew it was a matter of time but the inevitable has happened.
Martine is a lovely and gentle lady, I will be praying for her comfort during this very hard time.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Jim.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is sad news indeed. Boy were we lucky to have him. RIP Jim.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
He will definitely be missed, and by more than just his SIG family.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I am saddened

Fair winds and following seas shipmate. May your adventure be peaceful and fun.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, nuts.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace JAllen. You'll be missed sir. Thank you for your absolute dedication to your life. Our condolences from MA to his wife and family.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
We will miss him. A long standing member and great contributor to our family here.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. He will be truly missed here.

Posts: 756 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A wise old friend is gone.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
RIP shipmate. Fair Winds And Following Seas.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
This makes me legitimately sad. It shouldn’t, I didn’t know him. Hell he was just some words on the interwebz but ........ if true, prayers are offered up and I am genuinely mourning the man.

May he find the peace that we all so fear yet so desire. May the good Lord turn a blind eye to his human frailties and offer open arms for all the things he accidentally got right.

Rest In Peace brother. Folks in this modern age thousands of miles away will miss you and raise a glass to your memory this day. Go shoot some clay with Dave McCrackin, and maybe offer your thoughts about the high power with Stephen Camp. Maybe burn some rounds with Horse but what ever you do don’t try to out shoot Todd Green or the other greats up there.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace. You are already missed. Our prayers for the family.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The light of the world is diminished.

Godspeed, Jim.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post