SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
So sad. He will be missed.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be missed

Happy he’s no longer suffering

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this- I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am somewhat amazed at how sharp a mind can be when a body is failing. Based on recent posts, I thought he'd be around longer. A Sigforum treasure that will be sorely missed.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Sad news, but I'm glad he's no longer in pain. I'm also glad he got to read our recent messages when he announced his move into hospice care. I never got to speak with him directly but he and his contributions to this group meant a lot to me so I'm glad we got to let him know.

My condolences to his family.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace JALLEN

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I'll greatly miss his posts. Rest in Peace

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
A giant has fallen, but we are stronger for having him. And thankful...

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just returned from the Caribbean, where I had little or no Internet. Sadly, this is the news I came home to. Like the rest, I will miss JALLEN and his perspicacious posts. RIP.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
May JALLEN Rest in Peace.

I will miss him dearly.

Prayers sent for some comfort for his wife and family.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I read that Jim was going into hospice care it affected me more than I thought it would. That night I talked to Mrs. Pal about JAllen and his posts. How interesting they were or how they made me think. I also enjoyed his posts on financial stuff as well as business stuff. Like most here I never met him in person but he seemed somewhat like a mentor. I hope he knew how well respected he was here.

I will miss the knowledge he brought to the forum. I look forward to meeting him later when it's my turn to go, and when that time comes I hope I do it with the class he showed.

Prayers to you and your family Jim, Gods speed,

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Jim.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Damn son. I remember him posting about a year ago that he would not be on the forum much anymore because of his declining health. I think he was gone for about a day and a half. SIGforum was obviously a big part of his life as he was for those of us who frequent here.

Where am I going to get my News?

You will be greatly missed Jim.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
The man will be remembered here. That's a great legacy in my book.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I have delayed my response to this thread, as nothing I can say will measure up to what is merited. The class with which Jallen spent his time here, shared, and challenged us, and most recently, made his rounds on his way out.... I'm almost speechless.

Well played sir. My very best wishes to you and yours.

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Congratulations on a life well lived. Your legacy will live on through the many you have touched. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. We were all lucky to have been warmed by his presence.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
So very sad. I will truly miss him.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Ah shit... I feel like I‘m gonna puke!

Obviously didn’t know him beyond what he posted here, but felt I “knew” him a bit through this forum! Also knew his end was coming soon based on his post about hospice care, but not THIS SOON!!! Dammit... RIP “JALLEN”.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
When I remember JAllen, I think of him as a great teacher. Here was a man, who knew he would soon pass on, who took the time to mail in his ballot in case he didn't make it to election day. I keep thinking about this, and frankly it really touches my heart how faithful he was to the ideas and principles of our Country.

What an amazing example. He has now been in Heaven four days, and I am still learning from him.

You know what else he did with the last few grains in his hour glass? He spent it with us and for us. He behaved selflessly to the end that way. That is what I came to admire about him. I hope he knew/knows how grateful I am to him for that example.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post