SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. He will leave a very large void around here. Frown

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He'll be missed immensely. Truly an end of an era for SIGforum, if it's not too bold of me to say.

Godspeed, sir. It was a pleasure and an honor. Most sincerely, it was.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed.

Prayers lifted up for his wife, his sons, and his friends. May they find comfort in their memories of Jim and go forward with the wisdom he imparted.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Terrible news.
I hope Jallen went peacefully.

This is a tough one, God Bless.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Jim. You will certainly be remembered and missed.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
How very sad.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Man, that is terrible news.
Going to miss him.
RIP.
SF will never be the same. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Peace and comfort Jim.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Jim.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Good Sir. I join the many that are saddened by JALLEN’s passing. Our community has lost a man of great intellect, humor, wit and a wisdom that I believe many of us wish to attain. He will truly be missed.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Might I be so bold as to offer that he might deserve a JALLEN’s Lounge name change much like Masons rifle room.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Condolences and sympathy to family and friends. For many years I hoped to meet him in person. His posts set the tone here more than any one else, and set a high bar. JALLEN brother, I hope that you have eternally escaped the clutches of the GDCs. Fly high!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
God bless, Jim. St. Peter needed a tuba player.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Jim
I pray that I may have the dignity and grace that this man exhibited when my time comes..
Godspeed, my Friend..Godspeed..

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Jim, and my condolences to his friends and family.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. I very much enjoyed following him. God bless him and his loved ones.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Fair winds, following seas and lots of adventure. Will miss his even and pragmatic outlook on the world, and it seems he lived a full life with friends, honor and fun.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to read this. RIP Jim.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post