SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I suspect Jim touched many lives, and ours are just a few of those.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CT Dakota
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

Posts: 1162 | Location: SW Florida,USA | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I will miss Jim. RIP my friend.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
As I watched the service for President Bush on Wednesday I wondered what his thoughts would be.

Rest in peace Sir.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
When I look for Jim's post in certain threads and they are blatantly absent, then I know my friend is gone.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
It seems with every significant news story I think to myself, I wonder what Jim would have to say about this? I miss his insights.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
It seems with every significant news story I think to myself, I wonder what Jim would have to say

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a very frequent user of this site... and I still look for JALLEN posts. I miss him.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
When something newsworthy happened, I always looked forward to seeing what he had to say about it. I have to say Sig Forum is missing a part of what makes it so good.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. RIP

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
perhaps unrelated, yet here's a Tuba Story:

couple short news stories here on
the now-current massing of Tubas in pursuit of 'Largest Tuba Ensemble'....something going toward 1000 currently.....

https://www.kshb.com/news/loca...s-in-concert-at-once

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I am a very frequent user of this site... and I still look for JALLEN posts. I miss him.

Was thinking the exact thing, almost expecting to see his usual post of the day. Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

Was thinking the exact thing, almost expecting to see his usual post of the day. Frown

agreed. Feels weird not seeing his posts in the Lounge

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tleddy:

Was thinking the exact thing, almost expecting to see his usual post of the day. Frown[/QUOT

agreed. Feels weird not seeing his posts in the Lounge

Instead of weird, I think I would say "Feels diminished not seeing his posts! "

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
There are damned few thoughtful men. It is doubly sad to lose one

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the "Find"button to re-read JALLEN's posts. I read them slowly as I know there will be no more. Very smart man,RIP Mr Jim.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Been away from the forum and noted J Allen was referred to in the past tense in another thread.
Performed a search and found this.

His salient postings will be missed.
May he RIP

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace. You will be missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. He was a big contributor here and I enjoyed many of his posts.

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onikuma
posted Hide Post
I've been gone for a few months from the forum and just saw this thread. My condolences to his family and I just wanted to say that I will miss his wisdom and his posts.

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post