SPG
JALLEN has passed away
RIP Jim
To use a Pat Rogers quote
“We are diminished “

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."
November 08, 2018, 12:44 AM
TexasScrub
I just found this pic of a group meet-up in San Antonio that Jim put together for us! He was truly a great man and it was my pleasure to meet him in person.

November 08, 2018, 01:46 AM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
I just found this pic of a group meet-up in San Antonio that Jim put together for us! He was truly a great man and it was my pleasure to meet him in person.

So which in the picture is Jim?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
November 08, 2018, 01:50 AM
TexasScrub
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

So which in the picture is Jim?

Right hand side closest to window.

November 08, 2018, 06:47 AM
TooTech
Rest in Peace.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater
November 08, 2018, 07:06 AM
David Lee
quote:

The photo doesnt show up. Can you repost or send to my email ? Thank you.
November 08, 2018, 10:20 AM
maxdog
Does anyone know if a service is scheduled?
November 08, 2018, 10:22 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Does anyone know if a service is scheduled?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3680042944

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
November 08, 2018, 11:00 AM
bcereuss
Obit

November 08, 2018, 11:12 AM
jhe888
Thanks, Bcereuss.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
November 08, 2018, 12:25 PM
Pal
Yes, thank you for posting the obit. Somehow his picture is exactly as I imagined him.

Jim
November 08, 2018, 12:42 PM
HK Ag
quote:

Gig Em!
November 08, 2018, 12:57 PM
David Lee
Thank you. Jim looks too young to leave us.
November 08, 2018, 03:18 PM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
Yes, thank you for posting the obit. Somehow his picture is exactly as I imagined him.

Jim

I thought exactly the same.

Serious about crackers
November 08, 2018, 06:24 PM
darthfuster
Never having seen Jim before, I always pictured him as Pop Fisher in the movie The Natural. Seems I was not far off. In my imagination, everyone else here looks just like me.....Big Grin

After reading his obit and learning more about his life, again I say God bless him and keep him close.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
November 09, 2018, 07:06 PM
Ed Fowler
He shared a lot of his time and though with us,he will be missed by many friends he never met in person. RIP and condolences to his family and us.
November 09, 2018, 07:45 PM
RAMIUS
Gonna miss that guy.
November 19, 2018, 01:04 AM
Marc in FL
So sorry to hear this. I enjoyed reading his posts and learning from his insight. My deepest condolences to his family. Rest in Peace, my friend.
November 19, 2018, 06:44 AM
hray
RIP Jim.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP
December 02, 2018, 10:36 AM
Dallas239
Ashamed that I'm only seeing this now, but I am very saddened by this news. Despite only corresponding with Jim a few times, and never meeting him, he was one of a few members who I felt I knew. RIP. May his memory be for a blessing.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995