SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m glad that his pain has ended. I’ll surely miss reading his thoughts on all manner of things here. You’ve earned your rest sir. Frown

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the SOP is for hospice, but damn... Frown

From the time he posted his farewell threads, I didn't expect the end to come this soon. RIP JALLEN.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Sad news as he was a good man. My heartfelt prayers go out to his family. May he Rest In Peace

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAllen, you are missed by many already. You were one of the strong magnets who drew me to this forum. I will miss your wisdom. Fair winds, Sir.

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Jim. You will be eternally missed.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I miss you already, JALLEN.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair winds and Following Seas.

Peace to you, J Allen

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Jallen.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow. That didn’t take long. I never met the man personally but I’m saddened at his coming to pass.

Rest In Peace.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad new. Prayers for you and your family. You will be missed JAllen.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
From one JAllen to another (J. Allen Stroud), rest in peace sir. Your presence will certainly be missed.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this. I enjoyed reading his posts. Rest in Peace my friend.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is a deafening absence of interesting articles posted in the past few days. I didn't always respond, but I liked reading what he thought was valuable.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
I’ve been in the desert chasing mule deer. Camp to town for groceries and gas; finally got cell signal and took a moment to get my sigforum fix.

Very sorry to read this.

Jallen, you and your family will be in my prayers.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So very sad,
Fair winds and following seas.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
When I remember JAllen, I think of him as a great teacher. Here was a man, who knew he would soon pass on, who took the time to mail in his ballot in case he didn't make it to election day. I keep thinking about this, and frankly it really touches my heart how faithful he was to the ideas and principles of our Country.

What an amazing example. He has now been in Heaven four days, and I am still learning from him.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
It was expected, but I am sorry to hear of it. I always enjoyed his posts.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When skimming threads, I always would pause to read a JAllen post. I'll miss him.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace sir and my sympathies to your family!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post