SIGforum
JALLEN has passed away

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4570091944

November 04, 2018, 09:54 PM
Skins2881
JALLEN has passed away
Godspeed JALLEN. I have a feeling the quality of discussion in heaven is about to get slightly better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
November 04, 2018, 09:56 PM
jigray3
So hard to believe he could be gone. His intellect was so nimble, his tongue was so sharp, his wit was so dry, his humility so honest. There was a fullness to his words that conveyed the man behind them in a way that is rare even among this group. Godspeed, JALLEN. Godspeed.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
November 04, 2018, 09:56 PM
Russ59
Genuinely saddened.

P229
November 04, 2018, 09:57 PM
chongosuerte
Very sad. I had the fortune of meeting Jim and Martine in September. My wife and I spent a couple of hours with them, an honor I’m glad I got to experience.

Heartbreaking for his beautiful wife. But I’m sure he’s playing that tuba of his somewhere in the sky with a smile on his face.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
November 04, 2018, 09:57 PM
DaBigBR
A true class act, all the way to the end.

We are diminished.
November 04, 2018, 09:58 PM
SIGguy229
I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family, SIGfamily, and friends. He will be missed; i thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts and thought-out opinions on all topics. May we all live as long and be as wise as he.
ARman
I'm saddened to hear that. RIP.

ARman
deepocean
God bless you, Jim. May you rest in peace.
November 04, 2018, 10:00 PM
old rugged cross
He will definitely be missed here. RIP J.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
Lord Vaalic
Truly sad. He will be missed, even by a bunch of invisible friends on the internet.

RIP

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
4x5
You will be greatly missed, Jim. Rest in peace.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ
November 04, 2018, 10:01 PM
rusbro
Rest in peace, Jim. You will be missed, even by those of us who only knew you through your words here.
November 04, 2018, 10:01 PM
Scoobaru
Frown

November 04, 2018, 10:02 PM
TexasScrub
Godspeed, sir.

Brother
RIP Old-Timer. You loved this Country, so clearly. You were a staple of my day, every day for over a decade. God Speed.
hudr
Sad news, but thank you for forwarding.
We all knew it was coming, JALLEN most of all. It doesn’t lessen the sting one bit.
RIP, JALLEN.
November 04, 2018, 10:03 PM
Nuclear
Go with God, and condolences to his family.
November 04, 2018, 10:03 PM
Dtech
God bless you and your family JALLEN. Your contributions and presence here on the forum will be fondly remembered and sorely missed. Rest in peace and rejoice in heaven.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling
November 04, 2018, 10:04 PM
newtoSig765
I had a bad feeling when he told us about hospice care, but this was quick.

I'm very grateful that he is no longer suffering, that this final stage was somewhat brief, but I'm also immensely saddened and frankly a bit shocked that he's gone.

Damn, I miss him already!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
November 04, 2018, 10:04 PM
DennisM
His life was a jaw-dropping list of personal and professional achievements.

I made a point to read every thread he started, but he'll be missed far beyond this site.