SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Very sad news indeed. I hope he is enjoying a cigar and brandy with Winston Churchill, one of his heroes.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, sir.

You will certainly be missed but never forgotten on SF.

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
My condolences to his family.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Appreciate you letting us know.

May he rest in peace.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I met Jim for dinner when he moved back to Texas, and I even did a little work for him. I count him as more than an internet friend.

We will all miss him.

I hope he is playing tuba in a heavenly Dixieland band.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace JAllen. I will miss your thoughtful posts.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Might I be so bold as to offer that he might deserve a JALLEN’s Lounge name change much like Masons rifle room.

Good idea.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very intelligent, good man. Only knew him here, but we had a few discussions about our mutual hobby, Amateur Radio. I always enjoyed his postings. I will miss him.

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace. We will miss you.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
We sure will miss you, Jim! RIP. Condolences to your family.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
God Speed JALLEN. His articles and commentary will be missed.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I met Jim for dinner when he moved back to Texas, and I even did a little work for him. I count him as more than an internet friend.

We will all miss him.

Am I right in thinking that you posted a photo of that dinner meeting? I’d like to see it again.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. Sigforum and many of the members are diminished by this loss.

Rest well old friend... You have earned eternal peace, but know your daily presence will be missed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Rest n Peace, Jallen.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I am very saddened by his passing, but I feel extremely fortunate to have known him through this forum. My life has been enriched.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
May he Rest In Peace.
I will miss his insights and commentary.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Damn Frown

RIP, JALLEN. I will miss your daily informative and lively posts around here.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace JALLEN...

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

We will all miss him.

If anyone comes across his obituary, would you please post it or link it here?

Thanks

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir. You’ll be greatly missed.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post