SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Progressive Snapshot Question?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Progressive Snapshot Question? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
I put one in my car for 30 days. Ended up with a 35% reduction in my bill.

The only thing it dinged me for was braking too hard. I'm driving a 99 Trans Am with quite a few engine mods. But I also don't drive very far in it ever. I only average about 500 miles a year, and it is my daily driver.

And I did make a conscious effort to drive like a granny for the month that it was plugged in.

I think it only reports when the car is running, so you should be able to unplug it before you start the car if you are going to drive in manner that will give negative results. I did that a couple times and it didn't seem to pick it up.

Kadin, thanks for the info. From my understanding my insurance broker said I would be with this device for six months whereas at that time Progressive notifies you via email to unplug and send it back to them for review and a future rate update according to the stored data. At that time it would be determined if you keep the full discount on future 6 month renewals or a less discount. Some even reported an increase according the data results. Additionally, the device is constructed to record and send data to whomever in realtime via a phone link, I think thru ATT and from my understanding of the device can also tell if you unplug it as it will record a break in the link in the data stream, maybe from being cut off from the battery power, I'm not quite sure. When did you originally use the snapshot? From what I've been reading it's undergoing different upgrades for future uses, whatever that means...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
This is a Gun Forum. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Progressive insurance is very liberal and financially supports anti-gun groups.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post