SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    @TerrorEvents: Terrorists Attack Iran
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

@TerrorEvents: Terrorists Attack Iran Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
I have been following a new feed on Twitter called @TerrorEvents. It is stunning how many terrorist attacks occur every day around the world that we never hear about.

Did you know that ISIS conquered a city in the Philippines a few weeks ago? The Philippine government is currently in the process of retaking the city.

I woke up this morning and read the following from @TerrorEvents on Twitter about 2 terrorist attacks in Iran and thought it interesting. (These aren't all of them - just some selected tweets.)

"Armed man inside Khomeini's mausoleum. Several people shot."

"Shooting inside parliament. Guard and civilians hurt. Gunmen have blocked exits and are preventing MPs from leaving."

"Local media say a suicide bomber has detonated himself inside the mausoleum."

"1 dead and 5 injured inside the mausoleum."

"3 attackers @ Khomeini's shrine. 1 blew himself up, 1 shot dead and 1 female arrested."

[Paraphrased] Attackers could be from "ISIS, Balochistan's Jundallah, Kurdistan Freedom Party, Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan, Kurdistan Free Life Party, or People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran."

"#Tasnim says 7 were killed in the parliament and 4 people are still being held hostage."

"Suicide bombing has taken place inside the parliament, on the 4th or 5th floor."

"Iranian intelligence stated that 3 attacks were planned, but that 1 was foiled."

"Reports coming in of a 2nd suicide bombing @ #Khomeini's mausoleum."

"Attack has now been claimed by #IS."

"In March 2017, a video by #IS Wilayah Diyalah was spread. It was in Farsi. The video focused on Iran and Shias. It talked about targeting Ahmadinejad, Khameini, Khomeini, and others."

"Media are reporting all 4 attackers inside parliament have been killed"

Thought I'd share to see if anyone else found this interesting.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fake news, has to be, as it only happens in the US. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know about the Moros in the Philippines. I did not know about the ISIS attack on Iran.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...aults-in-tehran.html

ISIS is Sunni and Iran is Shia. The US has realigned with Sunni Saudi Arabia and their coalition.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The Saudis' rabid dog just bit the neighbor.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
$20 says the Iran attack is blamed on Mossad.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the feed! Now following.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Of course. Or America. Whatever will give the mullahs the opportunity to arouse the crazies.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Boomarang on the persians. Welcome to the shit Ayatollahs...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I'm all for it - let's watch ISIS and Iran go at it...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I'm all for it - let's watch ISIS and Iran go at it...

Might as well. The last administration already armed ISIS so they should be GTG

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Iran? Good, they can have a taste of their own medicine.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Reap what ye sow!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Well, if us evil white Americans wouldn't meddle in the ME, they wouldn't feel the need to attack,,,other Muslim Arabs. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I know about the Moros in the Philippines. I did not know about the ISIS attack on Iran.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...aults-in-tehran.html

ISIS is Sunni and Iran is Shia. The US has realigned with Sunni Saudi Arabia and their coalition.

It's a good thing we aligned ourselves with the less crazy strain of Islam. Sunni's have grown tired of Shia suicide bombers and head cutters. Now we'll see a truly united front against Iranian-backed ISIS fighters that continue to wreak havoc throughout the world.

I think you have it mixed up ISIS is Sunni. Most terrorists attacking US interests are Sunni. I think Hezbollah is Shia. I understand it can be confusing as they both chant death to America, but for slightly different reasons.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Well, if us evil white Americans wouldn't meddle in the ME, they wouldn't feel the need to attack,,,other Muslim Arabs. Roll Eyes
Iranians aren't Arabs--they're Aryans. And Farsi (Persian) is an Indo-European language, even if it looks like Arabic.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Check out www.thereligionofpeace.com

I can't fact check this site obviously but it seems pretty comprehensive - and very sad.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Thanks to a retired Marine Colonel I had in college.
Sunnis represent 90% of all Moslem. Shias are only 10%. This is a result of a schism that occurred at the death of Mohamond. The problem was nobody expected the guy to die and there were no plans for succession. Mohamond's father in law go the job as the first caliph. He was followed by three more orthodox caliphs. Meanwhile Mohamonds son in law Ali thought that he should be running things. In time Ali took over a fourth caliph but was killed. That made a schism permanent and political. shias are big into martyers. Ali's son Hassan died with 72 others in a hopeless battle.
Speaking of 72, this is where the 72 virgins originates:
http://www.aviperry.org/politi...c-paradise-come-from

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Iran is 90+% Shia/Shiite and the majority of the rest is Sunni. I'd wager the Sunni are the ones committing terrorism inside Iran's borders.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Of course. Or America. Whatever will give the mullahs the opportunity to arouse the crazies.

Turns out they're blaming Saudi Arabia. Between this and what's happening in Qatar, things are heating up over there.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
If these barbarians do not have infidels to kill, they are perfectly content to kill one another. One can only hope that they will all run together and wipe one another from the face of the earth.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post