SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will conservatives prosecute? Satire, inner dialogue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will conservatives prosecute? Satire, inner dialogue Login/Join 
posted
I have seen Conservatives on TV cite several instances of activity described that if true, would warrant investigation and prosecution. They seem willing and able. I have no doubt they are capable. Will they have support from other conservative politicians? Many of my friends don’t believe that so called “conservatives” have the will to prosecute those behind the Trump witch hunt.

I guess I’m just old and cynical. The Trump witch-hunt and overall machinations of the political parties and press have made me skeptical. There’s all this talk of getting justice by prosecuting those responsible for the outrageous behavior we’ve seen from the left. I’m convinced that many could be jailed or ousted from politics if only our Republican politicians would vigorously pursue justice using honest investigators. Do I think it will happen? I sure hope so. My inner skeptic is alerted. I’ve seen too many “let’s go along to get along” acts from our ‘conservative’ elected officials. How about you?

I think the thoughts expressed through the following “imaginary inner dialogue of a politician” are funny. Which politician is it supposed to be? Who knows? Hope it’s not predictive:

“Well as a conservative I’m expected to make some statements about the way the liberals concocted this whole Trump investigation. Yes, they broke some laws. They could be investigated. Everyone from prominent politicians, Federal Agents, Attorney General employees and other federal officials could probably be prosecuted and many sent to jail for what has occurred.

Hell, it looks like some of them outright betrayed their country!

My supporters expect me to condemn the bastards. I will! I will denounce them in a speech!

But do I and my fellow Republicans really want to pursue charges against them? It will not be wise politically. First of all, our elite sponsors have ordered us not too. Don’t want to piss those boys off! An investigation and prosecutions makes them look bad since they finance and own the other side too. After all, they prefer the country be divided and in chaos. Helps keep them in the driver’s seat. We’re fucked if the voters every really united against all of us!

Do we really want a bunch of honest investigators sticking their nose into all these democrat’s business affairs? Hell no. After all, all of our “stuff” is pretty well interconnected. They might begin to find out things we prefer they not know about.

What politician can really survive intense scrutiny? Once the big money guys target you, you’re done. They own the press, and have all the campaign funds.

Trump was never one of us and we have no real reason to retaliate against the libs do we? I mean the only reason we are pretending to be outraged is that the “great unwashed”, our supporters, demand it. We need their votes.

I’ve got it good. I got me a foundation where my family members get paid big bucks for nothing more than being board members. And like ole Henry said: ‘Power is the greatest aphrodisiac’, so I got groupies, toadies and “friends” who treat me like a rock star and kiss my ass daily. I’d be crazy to give up the blowjobs, business opportunities, junkets, inside investment advice and all the rest of that!

No, I’ll do the outrage thing for a while. Then we’ll wait. We’ll wait until something else pops up and we’ll let the press divert the voter’s attention away from all this. Maybe a war will break out, or an earthquake or fucking hurricane or tidal wave. We’ll get us enough time behind us and the voters will forget about it.

We’ll just throw a few low-level government employees in jail. Blame it all on them! No need to stir things up. Sacrifice a few peasants and move on. We’ll have us a sacrificial goat. The press will help us move past this.

So, no prosecutions of anybody that really matters!

As I said, I’ll condemn them vigorously in a speech!

Yep, I especially don’t want to lose those blowjobs!”

OK! Yes, it’s in bad taste! So hang me! I thought it was funny. Hope it’s not true for all of them.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listen to the 2 latest interviews with Joe DiGeneva in the Trump thread, pay attention to his comments about Barr.

Barr is the AG now and heads up the DOJ so it doesn't matter what RINO politicians say or think. Mueller's witch hunt is over. There is absolutely nothing stopping Barr if he wants to pursue it and no politician or branch of govt. (save the Pres. firing him) can stop him either.

Will he? I sure hope so. He was AG before so has no particular ambitions anymore and he came out of retirement to do this. I guessing the Libs will over the next 12-24 months realize they should have fought his nomination with 10x the fury they tried to bring on Kavanaugh. Sessions, he ain't.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right!

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
they won't do shit. Maybe, just maybe, a flunky fall guy or two will get spanked. But anyone looking for the holy hell fire round up of the corrupt masses will be disappointed.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Agreed. repubes are often on the right side of things, but they're still pussies.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8636 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I'm a life long Republican and get really PO'ed at the spineless people in the leadership of the party. Regular people are rotting in jail for offenses minor by comparison. Hopefully Barr will follow through.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The DOJ is not suppose to care who is behind the crime. I pray that Barr has the intestinal fortitude to follow through and charge them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well.... despite the Democrat-Left-Media Complex's shrill shrieking about impeaching President Trump, the focus is at long last starting to shift towards the real culprits in the entire Russia-Gate Collusion Hoax, Coverup and Attempted Coup (still ongoing) who just happen to be heavily implicated in the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal - what US District Judge Royce Lamberth's court described as "one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency."

"...In addition to the Executive Office of the President [Obama], [former assistant director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division, Bill] Priestap also named "Clinton aides Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson, Jacob Sullivan, and Justin Cooper; former Clinton information technology staffer Bryan Pagliano, the State Department, Secret Service, and Washington-based law firm Williams and Connolly..."

According to [Judicial Watch], Priestap also testified that nearly 49,000 Clinton server emails were reviewed as a result of a search warrant for her material on Anthony Weiner's laptop. Weiner was then the wayward husband of Huma Abedin, the vice chair of Clinton's 2016 campaign for president.

"This astonishing confirmation, made under oath by the FBI, shows that the Obama FBI had to go to President Obama's White House office to find emails that Hillary Clinton tried to destroy or hide from the American people," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "No wonder Hillary Clinton has thus far skated - - Barack Obama is implicated in her email scheme..."

Bill Priestap served along with Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok under James "Reverend Spike" Comey at the FBI. It was Strzok himself who deposed Hillary in the e-mail server investigation and declared "nothing to see here, move along." And that was when Comey got in front of the TV cameras, listed all of Hillary's crimes and declared - without any standing or authority to do so - that there was no intent and that she's fit to be president. But then, while we were all drinking in the delicious tears of Leftists and dipping our nether regions into a large cup of tapioca when Hillary lost, that group of traitors - after the big burly black dude sedated her with the giant syringe of chloral hydrate and Val-U-Rite - got to work immediately concocting what Strzok called "the insurance policy" Russia collusion hoax.

Even now, knowing all of this and having probably written about it in one form or another at least a couple of times a week for well over a year and a half as the truth came out in dribs and drabs, to reread what I just wrote turns my stomach. The people charged with upholding our Constitution, ensuring our national security and, as best they could, impartially going after even the most public of figures regardless of their political affiliations or power, absolutely violated their oaths and abused our legal and national security apparatuses in order to cover up the borderline treasonous crimes of their preferred candidate while using the aforementioned to persecute, railroad and ultimately try to overthrow the legitimate election of President Trump. And then there's the lives they ruined (Flynn and Manafort) in order to do this. All of that is horrendous enough. But whatever veneer of trust the American people had in these institutions which, along with that piece of paper so cavalierly mocked and disregarded ensures societal cohesion, has been seriously damaged, most likely irreparably.

And so we circle back to Hillary Clinton's illegal, unofficial and dangerously unsecured e-mail servers. There is no doubt in my mind that they contain terabyte after terabyte of evidence that would send her along with Barack Obama, Valerie Jarret and every other player in the attempted coup against Trump to Federal prison for decades, if prosecuted. The other thing they would show is that she and her husband (who for the record was impeached for committing perjury and suborning perjury to cover up his illicit sex with a woman young enough to be his daughter, unlike the non-crimes they want to hang Trump with) have used and abused every public office and trust they ever held to enrich themselves, often at the expense of American national security interests. See: Uranium One and Loral Space Industries among others. Rush Limbaugh is 100% correct when he states Hillary Clinton needs to be investigated, indicted and jailed. As I have always maintained, the odds of that happening are slim to none. But that said, she and all the rest of them have to at a minimum have all of their crimes exposed to the American people just for the record. Unfortunately, I don't think anything short of imprisonment for the lot of them is going to restore any semblance of public trust in the institutions she, Obama and their underlings destroyed. And even then, it may not be enough.

On the granular level, politically the major Dem prexy contenders as well as the base are screaming for impeachment while others in the party realize that it will put the nail in their coffin for 2020. That said, if AG Barr does indeed go after these traitors, they may be forced to go for impeachment just to try and drown out the investigations and muddle the issues. Stay tuned.

http://ace.mu.nu/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post