SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple of (possible) pot smugglers wreck a really old Beechcraft Bonanza into an Oregon neighborhood.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of (possible) pot smugglers wreck a really old Beechcraft Bonanza into an Oregon neighborhood. Login/Join 
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Face it, pot won the war on pot. Time to pack it in and deal with it. Y'all had your chance to have a hand in crafting laws, but all you wanted was NO! VERBOTEN!, and that nonsense got rejected, and nobody gives a shit about it anymore. It's great, and I don't even touch the shit.

I swear I heard "Chack-Chack" in the background as I was reading that. Big Grin

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Is that a good thing?
Has it improved education or the quality of life in Colorado?
Has it created a drain on other services?
I don't know the answers to these questions.

I do know this: Increased money going into public schools does tend to decrease opportunities for private schools. In my area, every tax increase brings about the closure of many private and parochial schools.
Parents often can't afford both the tax increases and the tuition, so they send their kids to the public school because they can't avoid the taxes. At least Marijuana Excise Taxes are voluntary.

Oh.

Ends justify the means.

Pablo Escobar was very popular in his home neighborhoods, too, for similar reasons.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're the weenises that drop a dime on the dudes with the backyard firepit, aren't you?

Heavens to Betsy! Someone's having fun in a way that offends me! Better call the cops, hopefully they'll shoot first and ask questions never!

Face it, pot won the war on pot. Time to pack it in and deal with it. Y'all had your chance to have a hand in crafting laws, but all you wanted was NO! VERBOTEN!, and that nonsense got rejected, and nobody gives a shit about it anymore. It's great, and I don't even touch the shit.

Drama much? I couldn’t care less what other people pump into their bodies, as long as they obey the law as it stands. I don’t look at stoners any differently than drunks. As long as they’re not being obnoxious assholes or creating a hazard, they can have at it wasting time and money.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
You're the weenises that drop a dime on the dudes with the backyard firepit, aren't you?

Heavens to Betsy! Someone's having fun in a way that offends me! Better call the cops, hopefully they'll shoot first and ask questions never!

Drama much? I couldn’t care less what other people pump into their bodies, as long as they obey the law as it stands. I don’t look at stoners any differently than drunks. As long as they’re not being obnoxious assholes or creating a hazard, they can have at it wasting time and money.

Just as dramatic as the marijuanaphobes and their Reefer Madness horseshit.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know that that came out in 1936, right?

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

You know that that came out in 1936, right?

Yup, and the marijuanaphobes treat it like it's still gospel.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone isn't in favor of marajuana, do you classify them as a "marajuanaphobe?"

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
If someone isn't in favor of marajuana, do you classify them as a "marajuanaphobe?"

I'm not in favor of marijuana either, I'm just more not in favor of having government guns push my own personal hangups.

"There oughta be a law!" is just shorthand for, "I'm okay with the police killing you for this."

quote:

posted Hide Post
quote:

"There oughta be a law!" is just shorthand for, "I'm okay with the police killing you for this."

Are you familiar with a strawman argument? This is when one makes an irrelevant argument to prove an unrelated point. It does neither. It's really just an attempt to muddy the water.

You don't really believe that a law preventing something is a license for police to kill people over it, do you?

There ought to be a law about writing bad checks. There are such laws. These are not licenses for the police to kill. There are laws about peeping in windows, lying on one's taxes, and leaving a restaurant without paying, and yet none are a license to kill. Clearly one who states that there should be a law about something, whether it's marajuana use or weights and measures standards at the gas station, is not saying "I'm okay with the police killing you for this." This is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

I'm not in favor of marajuana as a recreational drug. I recognize that it has numerous medicinal benefits which are still being studied and learned. I'm not in favor of the bales of marajuana that com across the border on pedestrian backs, or the patches in the forest that are often guarded by illegals with automatic weapons, who have no problem killing you for it.

If you or someone else wants to smoke pot, go do it where I don't have to smell it, breathe it, or deal with it, and don't let the illegal actions of those who traffic in it spill into my life or my world. In that case, do what you will, but it seldom works out that way. Not in the grand scope of things.

Perhaps if I'm not in favor, I'm a "marajuanaphobe," which is the trend these days: name calling and put-downs and straw-man non-sequitur arguments to make points that don't really work, if someone disagrees.

I disagree. Fire away.

posted Hide Post
How much marijuana were these guys even carrying? Nowhere does it say.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
How much marijuana were these guys even carrying? Nowhere does it say.

Another news site mentions the plane was being used for “trafficking operation”, and a federal drug smuggling investigation is open. I’m guessing it was a bit more than a personal use amount.

https://idahonews.com/news/loc...ord-lives-in-marsing

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post