SIGforum
Anyone own/drive/have experience with later model Kia Sedona?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4560054074

May 21, 2020, 10:37 PM
Veeper
Anyone own/drive/have experience with later model Kia Sedona?
My wife and I are scoping out some replacement options for our 2005 Sienna, and while we like the newer Siennas, and have found that the Sienna is the only AWD option, we also like the Sedona a bit (well, and also the Odyssey).

Anyone have any experience with the 2016ish or newer Sedonas?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
May 22, 2020, 03:41 PM
patw
I have a neighbor who has a 2 year old Sedona and loves it. We got to talking as we bought one in 2009 and compare how they changed. The Kia we have now is my daughter's car. It still rides perfectly and has only had normal wear and tear items replaced. It has a lot of standard features many other manufacturers charge more for, or at least did. I am pretty impressed at how well mine has held up and their warranty can't be beat. Fortunately, we never needed to use it. For the money, I don't think you can find a nicer car other than the Hyundai. I guess they are a close but different company. If you buy a used one, the only warranty you get is the original 3 and 5 year warranty. The 10 year does not apply but even so, it is still better than nothing.

On a side note, we needed a new car and looked around for several types Chevy,Dodge and Hyundai. I had my heart set on a Charger but the wife wanted to try the Hyundai Sonata. I checked around on the net and emailed a few dealers for their best price and actually got one that was too good to be true but it actually got better. We bought it a few months ago and I like driving it myself. Kia and Hyundai have stepped up their game from years ago and in my opinion, for the better. If I were going to get a new van,Kia or Hyundai would be on my list for sure. For the money you save, you can use it for other things.
May 22, 2020, 03:49 PM
HRK
Can't speak to the Sedona, but my daughters both have Kia Sorentos, both have been flawless, zero issues, my oldest upgraded from the Sorento to the Telluride.

Kias warranty trumps most others domestic or foreign, the ones my daughters, with kids have owned have been well made, quiet and the options/features they get are well beyond what you get elsewhere at the same price point.

May 23, 2020, 07:22 PM
Veeper
Thanks guys!!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken