SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I-85 in Atlanta collapse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I-85 in Atlanta collapse Login/Join 
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted
Fire under highway just caused section to collapse, as if ATL traffic is not bad enough.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
North or SOuth?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Northbound by 17th street.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
It might be southbound, but both are closed for now,

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Northbound right near Piedmont.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Well crap. That's not going to be fun for a long time.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:
Well crap. That's not going to be fun for a long time.

The Duke boys and Burt are warming up their engines. Thankfully no one got hurt.

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Yep, a real mess for awhile. The flames were under the southbound side as well. They'll have to inspect that really well .

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
Yep, a real mess for awhile. The flames were under the southbound side as well. They'll have to inspect that really well .

Yea it was PVC pipe stored under bridge.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
400 is going to be a shit show tomorrow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

...the next 2 years.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my commute tomorrow morning nb up 85 to 400 just got f'ed.

Watching the fire from my window was nuts for a moment. Knew something bad was going on. Just before it collapsed.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm not going down to the Buckhead office for the next few months.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Interesting. There was a sudden mechanical failure in a high pressure gas main under route 195 in Providence just last night, but no ignition. Blocks were evacuated to keep from being near enough to turn the leak into an explosion.

I am not normally super suspicious, let alone paranoid, but I'd love to know how these two seemingly unrelated events just accidentally happened within 24 hours of one another. Early in the following article they say shoring of the pipe gave way during construction, but then say the site was closed for the night and they don't know how or why the pipe moved.

http://www.providencejournal.c...upture-in-providence

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work in Forsyth county and commute from downtown daily. Really happy my new job it walkable from the apt. now. Sadly, tomorrow I was heading up that way and the fire is right where I needed to go to get on 400nb.

I've looked under those overpass sections often and someone is going to be getting in some trouble for this if they were storing stuff there.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Hoping to avoid the ATL for a few months. What a mess

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

...the next 2 years.

Lol i hope not. I work and live in midtown and I live near that collapsed section. Took me until 10pm to get home. Tried hitting Tattletales to wait it out. No dice.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

...the next 2 years.

Lol i hope not. I work and live in midtown and I live near that collapsed section. Took me until 10pm to get home. Tried hitting Tattletales to wait it out. No dice.

Now you are talking.. Hey, its not like there is an NRA meeting downtown next month or anything.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This changes my life and my families for the next 4-6 months. I am having some drinks and taking tomorrow off.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna start a rumor that I20 is the best alternate so they don't flood 75. The Braves will be bad enough.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post