SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That CNN interview was painfully awkward.
Inarticulate and apparently cannot think on the fly. A real winner, this guy.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I watched those videos. Seems to me the parasite has lost his ability to gather and articulate his thoughts. What comes out of his mouth is incoherent gibberish and illogic. Reminds me of what happened to our eldest when he began to smoke pot.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He is a worthless person. I think his parents must be to blame, at least in part.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
He's been offered a job with a chain pizza outfit, plus all the training he'll need to do the job...whatever that is.

They offered him a bonus too.

No word if he's accepted or not.

If this slug accepts I'll be very surprised.

He the very personification of the old saying "he thinks the world owes him a living".

Guess what millennial scum: The world doesn't owe you anything, now go live under a bridge somewhere and eat out of dumpsters behind restaurants.

That's as good as it's going to get unless you get a job and earn your way in the world.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Put the house up for sale, take money, run....

Read s story about a lawyer that hires a clerk. One weekend he goes to the office and discovers the clerk has moved in. He cannot get rid of the clerk. Finally, he moves his practice to another building. Then he gets contacted b the guy that rented the old office. The clerk is still there and still refuses to move.

I suspect this kid would stay even if the parents sold the house.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
What a maroon.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's a reprint of the NYPD patrol guide for informing officers how to respond to these situations. It includes the relevant legal definitions.

Of note:

quote:

Unless a Warrant of Eviction or Government Order to Vacate has been executed, the protective provisions of this law apply in the following circumstances:
b. When an individual has lawfully occupied a dwelling unit for thirty (30) or more consecutive days;

PROCEDURE -- When a uniformed member of the service has probable cause to believe that a person has been unlawfully evicted from his dwelling unit:

2. Effect An Arrest Where The Violator:

b. Refuses To Permit Occupant To Re-Enter Or Who Through Physical Obstruction Prevents The Occupant From Re- Entering.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:
This is getting interesting. I read the link. It is a marketing effort by some lawyer describing NYC Police policy 117-11. It indicated the purpose of the policy was due to illegal tennant evictions. Also a policy is a guidance document, not the law. So I looked up NYC PD policy 117-11. An illegal eviction is a misdemeanor. That is found in NYC Admin code 26-251. However tennant and resident are used seemingly used
interchangeably. It refers us NYC Housing Maintenance Code 27 2004. Here also tennant-resident get mixed use. However, this clearly introduces and regulates type A and type B mulifamily residential units. This clearly discusses tennants, rents , rental and lease agreements, and landlords. Although private dwellings are vaguely defined, it is not clear if they are , or how they are regulated. What is clear is they are not type A or B multifamily units. Units that are clearly regulated. This happened in a single family owner occupied dwelling. No evidence of rents, agreements,tennant rights, anything of the sort. State law is clear the kid would have no standing to bring claim against his parents. This didn't happen in NYC but let's assume it did. So the criminal standard is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a crime occurred. That crime an illegal election. As with any one accused of a crime , they get a jury trial. Police Policy 117-1, NYC Admin code 26-521 and Housing Maintenance Code 27 2004 are confusing, conflicting, vague and conflict with state law on this matter. For the states expert to describe, beyond a reasonable doubt, that a crime was committed when mom and dad tossed a ablebody freeloading adult son out , then survive cross examination and convincing a jury in the process seems a daunting task. I don't like NY gun laws but I have meet many New Yorkers, none have been fools.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This is the NYC version. I'll see if I can find something statewide.

http://tenant.net/Rights/illevict/illevict.html

Note that the parents did not just try to kick the kid out. They did go to court and file for an eviction. Maybe this is because they went to their lawyer who told them what the law was, and how they had to proceed. As far as it taking three months, not six, maybe the upstate judges are less tenant friendly then those in NYC.

quote:
Apparently Judge Greenwood didn't want to hear about that 6 month garbage. It can be a crime to change the locks on your own house ? Can you provide the relevant criminal code section ? You couldn't even get convicted of that in Berkely. Let the kid file his criminal complaint, ask Judge Greenwood for the court to order dad to provide kid a key, see what the good judge says about that. I am sure the state attorney would be delighted to use resources prosecuting this crime.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You have no clue about NYS law. Once someone has been living in a residence for thirty days, they are no longer considered a guest. They are legally a resident (month to month.) If the owner wants them out, the ONLY way to get the resident out is to file for an eviction. In a situation where there is no lease, the eviction will likely be granted. But the process itself takes a while, and the judges tend to be pro-tenant, so they likely will give the tenant a few months to leave.

Figure from the time the process is started, until the deadbeat can be forced out, it will take a minimum of six months.

Doing anything (changing locks, etc.) is a crime, and if they owner doesn't allow the deadbeat back in, the owner will be arrested. This is not a civil issue, it is a criminal one.

quote:
I've had rentals, in California, since 1989. Dad is stupid. The son is a guest, he may reside there, but he is not a tennant. If this ever goes to court the son could show no lease or rental agreement, no history of paying rent or anything else that would grant him tennant rights. Unless the idiot dad started eviction process, in effect granting or recognizing tennant rights. What to do, when he is gone throw his stuff out and change the locks. If he trys to break in call the police and say you want to file a complaint. The police will probable going to say you have to let him in, they are wrong and don't want him on the streets becoming there problems. There is nothing the police could arrest dad for, no misdemeanor or felony act was committed. It is a civil matter. Let kid hire a lawyer and sue dad. Kid dosent have the money to pay for the lawyer, and kid will realize that any money spent on a lawyer would be better spent renting a room someplace. Even if kid sues there is no contract, no breach of any agreement, no promise made or consideration given. No way for kid to win anything. So, dad, just throw the bum out and change the locks. I am curious if any of the lawyers on this site would represent the son if dad did this ?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
He is a worthless person. I think his parents must be to blame, at least in part.

Blaming the parents is stupid. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That doesn't look like a restaurant in that video, to me, as he claims. It looks like his mommy's basement. He can't even.

Dude needs to buy an old van and live in it down by the river.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
A 30-year-old man who earlier this week was told by a judge that he had to vacate his parents’ New York home was handed a June 1 moving date, according to a court order.

Michael Rotondo has to be out of the house, where he reportedly lived free of charge for several years, by noon on that date or risk being forcibly removed by county sheriffs, the order signed by State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood on Thursday said, according to The Associated Press.

The 30-year-old told the outlet that the ordered date, which is a week away, was “really not a lot of time.

“I really don’t understand how that’s necessary,” he continued.

After the judge’s order to vacate on Tuesday, which Rotondo reportedly dubbed “outrageous” at the time, he vowed to appeal the decision. He re-emphasized that idea on Friday, telling Syracuse.com that he would try to find a legal way to stay put. He also reportedly said that he would "try to resolve this as civilly as possible."

However, he also acknowledged that he needed “to start packing my boxes so I can move,” Syracuse.com said.

“But I have to pay for the boxes, which might be a problem,” he told the outlet.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...leave-by-june-1.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I really don’t understand how that’s necessary,” he continued.
Well, maybe everyone is just tired of your shit.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Oh come on now, are you serious? This guy didn’t just wake up one day and decide to be a loser and and an asshole. No sir, he was enabled all his life and it led to this.

In short, IT IS the parents fault. THEY created this monster.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, parents who allowed it to get to this are partly to blame.

Parents like to disavow crappy children, but IME they have much of the blame.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
And yes ladies, he is available. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:

No, parents who allowed it to get to this are partly to blame.

Parents like to disavow crappy children, but IME they have much of the blame.

Yup, it's ridiculous to think that the parents a blameless in these cases. I have a first row seat at home watching the similar kind of shit go on. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Moved out, but first called the police on daddy about missing Legos, and he's - wait for it - moving in with another relative

More like moving in with another loser. His distant cousin is going to regret taking him in, you can bet. I see another court date on the horizon for Michael.

Jim

You fucking LOSER!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Stupid 30 yo is from Camillus NY, a suburb of Syracuse, otherwise known as the spawning ground of asshats like Joe Biden, Meghan Kelly, Terry McAuliffe, and numerous Clintonista sychophants.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, he also acknowledged that he needed “to start packing my boxes so I can move,” Syracuse.com said.

“But I have to pay for the boxes, which might be a problem,” he told the outlet.

OMG
He can't come up with enough for boxes?

The only bright side to this, is that some millennials may see what a loser this guy is and begin to get their shit together.
They may just say to themselves: "I don't want to be THAT GUY!"

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post