SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home Login/Join 
Troll
posted Hide Post
His parents aren't to be pitied.

30 years old son was allowed to become this pathetic parasite by THEM...why didn't they boot him out long, long, ago?

Without going into too many details, I could've had similar problem.

What I did with my offspring at 18 who'd just graduated from high school, was offered by me college tuition paid for by me (many times encouraged to go to college, but O.S. steadfastly refused to even entertain the idea).

Offspring didn't care for college, wanted to stay and live with me. (I was divorced from the mother and had taken care of offspring for many years)

So, I offered in exchange for room/board/medical care, use of laundry facilities, etc and pocket money - in return : Offspring had to: Mow yard, do all grocery shopping, all house cleaning to include all laundry.

Offer: Turned down by offspring. I was told my offer was 'unfair'.

My response: You can't stay here, git... A bit of tough love.

Resolution: Offspring left. A few years elapsed. Got a call. Hey, that was a better deal that I realized, but married now and working. Love ya!

These parental fools are gutless pukes who deserve the turd they now enjoy.

I hope the son burns in hell.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hilarious!!!

The son is beyond pathetic, but the parents are too for putting up with the leach for 8 years before getting tough.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:

These parental fools are gutless pukes who deserve the turd they now enjoy.

I hope the son burns in hell.

Alrighty then.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I want to see the video of the sheriff enforcing the court eviction, likely with a taser and handcuffs involved!

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My dad would’ve grabbed me by the throat, thrown me through the door and boarded it up while I watched. Guessing this dad couldn’t fight off a mouse.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Article has been updated. This loser has to get out. The balls on this loser! He's "outraged"? He needs a tuneup.

quote:
A 30-year-old man was outraged Tuesday when a judge ordered him to vacate his parents' home. The order came after a monthslong effort by the couple to get him to leave their New York residence.

Michael Rotondo appeared in court for 30 minutes Tuesday after his parents, Christina and Mark Rotondo, filed a petition in the Supreme Court of New York State claiming they’ve had enough of their son living under their roof, Syracuse.com reported.

State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood praised the son for doing his legal research and citing a “common law requirement” that required family members to give a six-month notice before eviction.

However, Greenwood called it a simple internet search and said the six-month demand was “outrageous.” Michael, in turn, called the eviction order “outrageous.” He continued to slam the judge’s order outside the courtroom, the report stated.
Who paid for that suit you're wearing, junior?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are ways to get people to leave, especially if they are not by "definition", a tenant. (not paying rent)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
We should pass around a Sigforum collection for junior. I'm sure everyone has some used band aids, cigarette butts, empty soda cans they can contribute to junior on his way towards adulthood.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. Goose snatch his ass up, drag him outside and shut the door?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time we'll here from this shit stick is when his parents die and cut him out of their will.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
What about changing the locks while the kid is out doing something? Well, that’s if the kid goes out of the house that is.

This is messed up.

Here, when he destroys the door, or window to get back in, you're out the damage. Civil law dictates that he is a legal resident there, so he can destroy what he pleases, and can't be charged with burglary or any property related crimes.

He has to be evicted in most states.

Sad but true.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had rentals, in California, since 1989. Dad is stupid. The son is a guest, he may reside there, but he is not a tennant. If this ever goes to court the son could show no lease or rental agreement, no history of paying rent or anything else that would grant him tennant rights. Unless the idiot dad started eviction process, in effect granting or recognizing tennant rights. What to do, when he is gone throw his stuff out and change the locks. If he trys to break in call the police and say you want to file a complaint. The police will probable going to say you have to let him in, they are wrong and don't want him on the streets becoming there problems. There is nothing the police could arrest dad for, no misdemeanor or felony act was committed. It is a civil matter. Let kid hire a lawyer and sue dad. Kid dosent have the money to pay for the lawyer, and kid will realize that any money spent on a lawyer would be better spent renting a room someplace. Even if kid sues there is no contract, no breach of any agreement, no promise made or consideration given. No way for kid to win anything. So, dad, just throw the bum out and change the locks. I am curious if any of the lawyers on this site would represent the son if dad did this ?

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^Read the thread, dude. It already went to court.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My wife’s nephews at age 19 and 25 are still being supported by their parents. The 25 yr old is still living in the basement and is verbally abusive to his Mother. The 19 yr old lives in an apartment he shares with three others. The rent is being paid by the parents. So there are others out there in this situation. I have zero pity for these parents. They have allowed this to fester since they were young.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ejection procedure would include a beaver tail sap. Geez. I hit the road early. My brother's shit was on the porch in grocery bags on his 18th birthday. We would have been ashamed.....ah, never mind.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The millennials last stand. A millennial coworker once told me we'd see when they make their stand on an issue. I laughed in his face.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
This is crazy. This is why I can't have kids. I'd be jailed.

My Father on the other hand, would have folded his belt in half and starting belting me down my back, across my ass and over my face in a fit of rage before it ever got to having to leave a note for eviction. My dad's a superstar, he can swing a belt for at least an hour before needing a break.

Shit, he wouldn't want to evict me, he'd prefer I stay in the house so he can beat his frustration out on me daily until I cleaned my room and got a job.

I can respect a parent like that. These parents are saving this guys life, at 30 he still has a chance to turn it around.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:

I can respect a parent like that.

"...in a fit of rage"
."..he can swing a belt for at least an hour before needing a break."
"...so he can beat his frustration out on me daily..."

That ain't parenting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
At times, between Army, first marriage, rooming with a buddy or buddies, living elsewhere in the world, etc., I'd move back into Mom's place. Did this, on-and-off, until age 41 (yeah, was a bit of a rolling stone Smile), at which time I bought my own home and remarried.

Thing is: When I was living at Mom's house I was a room mate. Just as I did with any other room mate(s): Paid half the expenses and we had an equitable division of labour.

It would never have occurred to me I'd live there with free room & board and her paying all the expenses. Nor that she'd wait on me hand and foot.

So I don't have an issue with kids moving back in with parents. Sometimes it makes economic sense. Sometimes for both parties. I do think it's a bad idea not to require children carry their own weight.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You have no clue about NYS law. Once someone has been living in a residence for thirty days, they are no longer considered a guest. They are legally a resident (month to month.) If the owner wants them out, the ONLY way to get the resident out is to file for an eviction. In a situation where there is no lease, the eviction will likely be granted. But the process itself takes a while, and the judges tend to be pro-tenant, so they likely will give the tenant a few months to leave.

Figure from the time the process is started, until the deadbeat can be forced out, it will take a minimum of six months.

Doing anything (changing locks, etc.) is a crime, and if they owner doesn't allow the deadbeat back in, the owner will be arrested. This is not a civil issue, it is a criminal one.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:
I've had rentals, in California, since 1989. Dad is stupid. The son is a guest, he may reside there, but he is not a tennant. If this ever goes to court the son could show no lease or rental agreement, no history of paying rent or anything else that would grant him tennant rights. Unless the idiot dad started eviction process, in effect granting or recognizing tennant rights. What to do, when he is gone throw his stuff out and change the locks. If he trys to break in call the police and say you want to file a complaint. The police will probable going to say you have to let him in, they are wrong and don't want him on the streets becoming there problems. There is nothing the police could arrest dad for, no misdemeanor or felony act was committed. It is a civil matter. Let kid hire a lawyer and sue dad. Kid dosent have the money to pay for the lawyer, and kid will realize that any money spent on a lawyer would be better spent renting a room someplace. Even if kid sues there is no contract, no breach of any agreement, no promise made or consideration given. No way for kid to win anything. So, dad, just throw the bum out and change the locks. I am curious if any of the lawyers on this site would represent the son if dad did this ?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post