SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ricin sent to Mattis?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ricin sent to Mattis? Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Envelopes were sent to Ted Cruz's campaign office today too.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Good thing it wasn't iocane powder...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Mattis snorts Ricin to wake up in the morning. They clearly dont know who theyre messing with.

Yeah, my first reaction was that if Chaos opened the envelope, the ricin would be scared.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would put good money down it was sent with considerable backing and encouragement from the Chinese.

Considering the latest events:

- Two ricin laced letters sent to the SECDEF and CNO in DC.

- USS Decatur involved in a near collision in South China Sea with a PLAN destroyer

Yeah, likely not a coincidence.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ricin also sent to President Trump

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“WASHINGTON (AP) — A Pentagon spokeswoman says the suspicious substance found in envelopes turned over to the FBI contained the substance from which the poison ricin is derived, but not ricin itself.

Dana W. White, the chief Pentagon spokeswoman, told reporters traveling with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in Brussels that the substance was castor seeds…”

https://apnews.com/98287cb9efa14a76b7b8546f41d2a0b3

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pac...sailor-officials-say

Packages with suspicious substances sent to the Pentagon, White House and Sen. Ted Cruz's office in Texas this week were part of a coordinated effort by a former Navy sailor, officials told Fox News.

Investigators said one of the envelopes, addressed to either Defense Secretary James Mattis or the Navy's top officer, Adm. John Richardson, contained a return address leading them to believe it came from the sailor, whose name has not been disclosed.

A Pentagon spokesperson told Fox News on Wednesday that at least two of the envelopes contained castor seeds -- the substance from which the poison ricin comes from.

Officials say a tip from the White House led the Pentagon to discover the two packages sent to the Pentagon -- and now both are in the hands of the FBI for further testing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

return address ??

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Like the bank robber that leaves his billfold at the scene of the crime. A big “dang me!”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://wjla.com/news/nation-w...into-custody-in-utah

SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) -- An individual suspected of mailing ricin to President Donald Trump has been taken into custody, according to Police Cpt. Tyson Budge of the Logan Utah Police Department.

The Herald Journal reported that the city of Logan and the Utah Highway Patrol are closing streets in the nearby area for investigation purposes.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Good thing it wasn't iocane powder...

Inconceivable!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, the FBI is on the case. It'll be solved in, well, never.

Top... Men...

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10...i-arrest-navy-ricin/

He doesn't appear to be all that smart. Smile

FBI Arrests Former Navy Sailor In Ricin Scare

The FBI has arrested a former Navy sailor after a ricin scare when letters laced with a mysterious substance were sent to the Pentagon and other key locations around the nation’s capital Tuesday.

William Clyde Allen of Logan, Utah, is in custody under federal prosecutors’ authorization, ABC News reported Wednesday. A complaint against Allen could be filed in federal court as early as Friday, officials told ABC News.

The letters were addressed to President Donald Trump, Secretary of Defense James Mattis, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral John Richardson and GOP Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s Houston campaign office. The substance on the letters was determined to be castor seeds, from which the toxic protein ricin is made, reported ABC News.

Allen, 39, was a fireman apprentice in the Navy from 1998 to 2002, reported ABC News. (RELATED: Hazmat Team Sent To Ted Cruz Campaign Office In Houston: Report)

A return address on one of the four envelopes was a lead in the FBI investigation into the scare, a “U.S. official familiar with the investigation” told ABC News.

The envelopes addressed to Mattis and Richardson never left a mail screening facility separate from the Pentagon, reported USA Today.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You have to be a special kind of crazy to try to make Ricin. Doesn’t it damn near kill the maker most of the time?

I swear to God we are all full up with shitheads and crazies on this rock of ours.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allen, 39, was a fireman apprentice in the Navy from 1998 to 2002

He joined the Navy 20-years ago, got out with less than 5-years as a E-2. Roll Eyes I'm gonna take a guess that his separation from service was not voluntary and his record is full of red marks.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post