SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    a little help for the electronically challenged please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a little help for the electronically challenged please Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Newer Samsung tv 40"
new RCA sound bar. 37"
six foot pigtail with a red and white connector on each end. Now what? Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Is your sound bar blue tooth capable? Your Samsung tv probably is.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is, but I don't have any idea what a bluetooth is?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha, I think YouTube might be your friend here.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Blue-tooth is short distance wireless connectivity for devices.

So, your TV and the sound-bar can be "paired", once done, it is pretty "persistent". (they can "un-pair" occasionaly, but you just re-pair them again)

In your TV setup screen there should be a section with Blue-tooth setting.

Typically, you press a button on the sound-bar while you have the TV Blue-tooth set to "listen/scan" for Blue-tooth devices.

Provide the model numbers and someone will look up the method to pair and provide simplified steps.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
The 6' pigtail with red and white connector - one end plugs into the RCA sound bar - you'll see similar red/white connectors labelled as audio input on the back of the RCA. Well, there hopefully is. Might be labelled as Source 3 - source 1 might be digital, source 2 might be optical ...

The other end of the red/white connector pigtail, plugs into the Samsung red/white audio output on the back panel of the Samsung.

Then again, the newer Samsung's do not have an analog audio out - the red/white plugs. They may have only digital or optical out, leaving bluetooth the connectivity method between the tv and the sound bar.

As mentioned, if you can provide the model numbers of both the Samsung and the RCA sound bar ... plenty here to help you.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys very helpful. Got it via the pigtail. Thanks SigMonkey on the BT education. Might try that once we get a bit more familiar with using it. Like it so far. Again. Thanks all. You are the best!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
The 6' pigtail with red and white connector - one end plugs into the RCA sound bar - you'll see similar red/white connectors labelled as audio input on the back of the RCA. Well, there hopefully is. Might be labelled as Source 3 - source 1 might be digital, source 2 might be optical ...

The other end of the red/white connector pigtail, plugs into the Samsung red/white audio output on the back panel of the Samsung.

Then again, the newer Samsung's do not have an analog audio out - the red/white plugs. They may have only digital or optical out, leaving bluetooth the connectivity method between the tv and the sound bar.

As mentioned, if you can provide the model numbers of both the Samsung and the RCA sound bar ... plenty here to help you.

Guess you haven't looked at the rear of a TV recently, the old analog sound outputs are now something that you have to spend a LOT of time looking to see if they are included with the set. Having done some looking I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that Samsung no longer offers analog outputs and most models don't even offer a digital sound output. If you don't have a Bluetooth Receiver/Preamp you won't be able to connect your sound system to a Samsung TV with the exception of a few specific models.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'd be shocked if a new sound bar only had analog input. That's the lowest quality. Most have HDMI and or optical inputs, which would be your best bet.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
This one did and it was a $48 Walmart RCA. Works good for our 40" Samsung Cool