SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Possible legal question concerning recovery of property.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible legal question concerning recovery of property. Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't this the first part of that is technically correct. It may be functionally correct in this case, given the costs, and complications that time imposes. If the item in question were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars (I'm specifically thinking about valuable stolen artwork, where this comes up), and, especially if you can clearly prove ownership, it would be worth pursuing.

But, as everyone, including you, seem to agree, the cost of pursuit here wouldn't be worth the value of the merchandise.

quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
"Time does make theft legal but never moral."

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You're getting screwed. Hold your brother responsible, even if it takes a while. That's too big and too much bullshit to let go *and* maintain relations with your brother. As for the other guy, pure asshole move, too, but easier to walk away from, imo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I hear OJ may be available for property-recovery ops again soon. Eek

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:... the worst part really is being of less worth than worldly goods. ....

Whoa, Nellie! You are worth more than anything material in this world and never forget it.

The value your friend and your brother "put on you" does not equal your true value, only their selfish worth of themselves, their pitiful lives, and how they conduct themselves.

Do not permit them to create a pig sty in your mind, it is better suited for meaningful things to those who care about you.

You just keep finding people of worth to invest in, and understand that you never invest in people for the return, only for the value of the blessing of doing and giving because you can, and because you can choose to whom and how you give.

That is one of the greatest things about this nation that one has opportunity and the right to do so, without outside force or compelling (beyond taxes).

Sorry, my keyboard has had too much coffee today and suffered from "run-on keyitis"...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:... the worst part really is being of less worth than worldly goods. ....

Whoa, Nellie! You are worth more than anything material in this world and never forget it.

The value your friend and your brother "put on you" does not equal your true value, only their selfish worth of themselves, their pitiful lives, and how they conduct themselves.

Do not permit them to create a pig sty in your mind, it is better suited for meaningful things to those who care about you.

You just keep finding people of worth to invest in, and understand that you never invest in people for the return, only for the value of the blessing of doing and giving because you can, and because you can choose to whom and how you give.

That is one of the greatest things about this nation that one has opportunity and the right to do so, without outside force or compelling (beyond taxes).

Sorry, my keyboard has had too much coffee today and suffered from "run-on keyitis"...

You are a good man, Sigmonkey.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

You are a good man, Sigmonkey.
And a good friend.

I truly don't feel that way about myself. Actually I'm kinda fantastic. Big Grin

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:...Actually I'm kinda fantastic. Big Grin

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Come on. We all know I'm an ensample, the model of mankind.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post