SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Anthem-Kentucky All State Music Students
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Anthem-Kentucky All State Music Students Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
Apparently this is an annual tradition, but I just saw this from this year:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI0zbQtK8o

If you google or search youtube for Kentucky Hyatt national anthem, you'll find examples from other years as well.

Here's a link to a news story about it:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/s...rticle199417159.html

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
High school students.

They do it every year at their state high school choir festival/competition.

I'd pay a lot to be in the lobby on the night they do this.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
Its a pleasure to see that again. Thanks for posting.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent a shiver up my spine, and a lump in my throat.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Yup, every year. They do it in this hotel because the atrium enhances the acoustics of the performance.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our National Anthem is often poorly done. Not this version. These kids do it as it should be done.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post