SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Products surprisingly successful
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Products surprisingly successful Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Sticky notes.

More surprising in the sense that Spencer Silver of 3M stumbled into this one while trying to create a super strong adhesive. He failed, but in a good way.

I think personal computers fit the bill here. When first developed given their limited capability and exorbitant cost nearly everyone questioned the need or desire for individuals to own one.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Telemarking and phone scams.

I don't know of a single person who has ever bought anything or responded favorably to these solicitations, and yet they persist and seem to be growing. Somebody is funding their growth.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Keurig coffee makers.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
WD 40.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Redbox. I had a chance to get in early on this. I thought the was no way a grocery store would allow a rental cabinet when they rented/ sold movies inside said store as it was.
I was wrong.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fire.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
5 Hour Energy

I won't drink it but they sure do sell a lot of it.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Ketchup.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Road trips. I always take a 12 pack or so of bottled water if I'm going to be away from home overnight or longer. To me, most city tap water would gag a maggot. And compared to most motel/hotel water, city water is nectar.

Last time tripping south from Oregon, I stayed in San Jose. No one warned me to "don't drink the water". Funny I did notice many bottled water trucks as I drove in.

Eugene Oregon has very drinkable water from the tap. But the bottled spring water from eastern side of Cascades even better.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Cameras in phones. Roll Eyes

When they first came out I though "Why in the hell would you need a camera in your phone?"

Now I use one almost daily.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Internet gun forums.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Mr. Microphone

"Hey good lookin! We'll be back to pick you up later!!" Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Squatty potty

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Flex seal

I laughed at the TV commercials initially then after using a few products to seal my gutter seams, which didn’t work well, I purchased a quart from HD. To my amazement, after 18 months where I applied the product I have no leaks

I still doubt seriously I’ll be putting a screen door in the bottom of my boat and using it....
$90 a gallon - no wonder they can afford to sponsor an Xfinity Series race car. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
No doubt Hair in a can, and the pocket fisherman!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I must go with Breathing Air. Can`t live without it. Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Simple Green.

When the military dumped it on us years back i knew it would be crap just like all the other cleaning products (think spay-n-wipe).

Amazed by how good it was. Now I always have a gal jug and a spray bottle of it out in the garage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SpinZone,

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
5 Hour Energy

I won't drink it but they sure do sell a lot of it.

I see people that never do a damn thing chug that stuff and Redbull/monster energy drinks like it’s life giving nectar. *shrug*

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post