SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My dad, a Korean War and Vietnam War combat veteran, squirrel; bite: update - finger has to come off
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dad, a Korean War and Vietnam War combat veteran, squirrel; bite: update - finger has to come off Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Praying for your Dad.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your father and I hope he recovers fully.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Wishing you both well and hope he pulls through.
Knee mail inbound...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
prayers and positive thoughts for your Dad and all of you...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hope he heals fast and well.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent brother

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Damn squirrels.
Your dad is a tough old bird and he'll get through this. Soonest I hope and pray !!!
... damn squirrels

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Hope your father fully recovers.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I pray your Father has a speedy and complete recovery.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Horrible story. My best to your father and family.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to your father with speedy recovery. After my father retired he often sat on front porch and feed some squirrels with one sitting on his knee . They might be cute but beware ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed prayer for your dad and your family.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Still no real update. The doctor told my sister this afternoon that the exact type of infection is unknown, but it seems consistent with a severe staphylococcus infection due to the the tissue damage and sepsis. They cut away some tissue and need to instal a PICC line to drain the wound but can't until they have the infection more under control. He's on IV antibiotics. The doctor said his finger tip is purple and unless the circulation starts again, he'll loose the finger. I don't know. What a mess.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this happened. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear that! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Just got an update that the swelling is down in the finger and hand, circulation is coming back. Fever is way down. Only a little tissue loss. PICC line is in. Praise God. Thanks for all you're prayers.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's awesome news. Thanks for the update.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post