SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quick prayer for my commute home – shooting this afternoon on freeway in the direction I need to go.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick prayer for my commute home – shooting this afternoon on freeway in the direction I need to go. Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
Live aerial feed still running

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/ar...1.php#photo-12521968

It going to take a long time to take surface streets.

Called wife at home to tell her I am ok.

A shooting Thursday afternoon on Interstate 80 in the Richmond area injured at least one person and shut down all eastbound lanes of the freeway at San Pablo Avenue, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The shooting was reported just before 4 p.m. and closed down the busy freeway just before the evening commute was set to start.

The victim, who was not identified by police, was transported to the hospital in a helicopter, according to the CHP. The victim’s condition was not immediately specified.
As the freeway remained closed, with traffic mounting behind the crime scene, investigators canvassed two vehicles stopped side-by-side on the highway: a silver minivan and a red station wagon.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd walk back in a get a start on tomorrow's work try again in 2-3 hours.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oughta know better than to go unarmed when it's open season on the freeway...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4pmRw_CNCgU

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Well, made it home.

Got on the freeway just somewhat east of the closure. Surface streets a mess in area.

Freeway was real light and did 70 the rest of the way home.

News said Man shot five times in torso air lifted to hospital. Woman with him shot once in the hand.

News also said Richmond PD has detained three males in car fitting description of car the rapidly exited the freeway after shooting.

News also said this is the forth freeway shooting in the Bay Area in two weeks.

Vallejo, where I live has already logged seven homicides this year. Getting to remind me of South Central Los Angeles where I was born and raised.

Few more years to retirement then out of California.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post