SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Floridians get ready our first Tropical storm warning and headed our way
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Floridians get ready our first Tropical storm warning and headed our way Login/Join 
posted
All of South/Mid Florida is in the cone for it's first Tropical Storm this year. Hopefully it follows the prediction and doesn't increase intensity. It's schedule to come ashore Saturday afternoon......here's the link......Can this F'ing year get any worse?

https://weather.com/storms/hur...ast?cm_ven=hp-slot-1

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh.

It’s Florida.
It’s Hurricane Season.

Same as every year.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I dunno, a mild tropical storm will take everyones mind off all the crap going on, have some hurricane parties, take a nap, tropical storms don't do a lot of damage on CONUS other than maybe a bit of flooding...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It's a summer storm. This is just the weather channel drumming up hits, and working the global warming hysteria agenda.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, can we please stop. This 'storm' is currently unnamed and so far from Florida it could go anywhere (or nowhere). Let's wait a bit before we start even considering this could be a thing. There's a time to pay attention to a potential storms, but now ain't it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
^^^^Agree with Bigdeal

We got a weather advisory at 12:21pm. According to the NOAA report, it will be called Isaias. That's pretty much where I stopped reading.

I'm sure of 2 things: (1) the media will start sharing the full time "Breaking News" COVID pandemic with this horrific summer rain shower, and (2) Too tired to give a rats ass to care, unless we get told to evacuate the entire ER, whereby I will maybe get a few minutes of rest traveling to wherever they take us.

Stay Safe - keep away from people.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There's not a single warning or even a watch in Florida.

Jimmy, you need to fix your title.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

It's schedule to come ashore Saturday afternoon

https://weather.com/storms/hur...ast?cm_ven=hp-slot-1
From the linked website: "It's too early to know what impacts this system might bring to any other land areas, including the United States."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I dunno, a mild tropical storm will take everyones mind off all the crap going on, have some hurricane parties, take a nap, tropical storms don't do a lot of damage on CONUS other than maybe a bit of flooding...
Did you forget what happens when the wind comes whistling between the condos?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Meh.

It’s Florida.
It’s Hurricane Season.

Same as every year.

Yeah, we'll see if the friction of the condos on the beaches have anything to do with it coming ashore this year. Big Grin

Any comments on that JimmmY?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I thought there was some sort of 'friction' created, no?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wait, there CAN NOT be a hurricane now! Not in Florida!

Mr V Tail guy doesn't have his pickles and toilet paper stockpiled!

Maybe he has the lime in the coconut? Might as well have a good libation.

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I bet they sway just like tall buildings do in an earthquake, what with aerodynamics and all.

One of these days V-Tail, someone's gonna need to internet-school you on aerodynamics.

In 3, 2, 1....

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of these days V-Tail, someone's gonna need to internet-school you on aerodynamics. In 3, 2, 1
Standing by . . . Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Mask ready.

Uh, it’s a joke.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I dunno: A choice between a new thread stating that a storm may be approaching and therefore some precautions might be in order now (even if it doesn’t arrive) versus yet one more of the innumerable threads whining about how the poster didn’t take the warning seriously and now the shelves are bare of toilet paper and milk and how everyone else is an idiot for taking the warning seriously just before he did—? Roll Eyes

I believe I’ll have the soup, myself. (From an old joke. Wink )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah but the condos will defect the storm...if there’s enough of them.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No luck with Claussen pickles and completely out of toilet paper{even the industrial kind}. WTF
So it is just not an Orlando problem.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, guess you didn't head down to Exumas. Have a friend that just moved over from off of Paradise island to Chub to pick up his boss. Bahamas just changed Covid regs to arrive and quarantine in place 14 days. No inter island travel during that time. I'm thinking he's just gonna convince his boss to have fun for a day and haul ass back to the states.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Jimmy, guess you didn't head down to Exumas. Have a friend that just moved over from off of Paradise island to Chub to pick up his boss. Bahamas just changed Covid regs to arrive and quarantine in place 14 days. No inter island travel during that time. I'm thinking he's just gonna convince his boss to have fun for a day and haul ass back to the states.

NO, we got our Bahamas Visa's last Friday by Noon. All set to leave Sunday morning. Was going to be a GREAT trip, 72' MY and 20' center console with just owner and his girlfriend, 4 bedroom house rented on Highbourne Cay for the week for all of us to stay in, instead of on the yacht, a Capt, Mate, and me as Engineer for crew. Would've been a really nice, easy trip, and a great payday from the 27th-9th.

BUT, Friday afternoon Bahamas announced no inter-island travel after 7pm Tuesday (today). Owner was flying his GF into Nassau on the 30th, so that couldn't happen, so cancelled the trip. Everyone I know has left the Bahamas today headed back to the States.

I've heard Chub has gotten pretty nice lately. BUT, I just can't see the attraction to that mosquito infested island, besides the 3 months of good fishing when the wind happens to be out of the right direction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post