SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A/C Leak Freeze
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A/C Leak Freeze Login/Join 
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted
Anybody tried any of this stuff? My refrigerant is bone dry in my home AC, and the leak isn't in an obvious place.

Snake oil or good to go?

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How old is the fridge? It's worth a try, but chances are you're going to be buying a new fridge. If the fridge is over 10 years old, go buy a new one and quit dickin around. Chances are the leak is in the coils which are most likely buried inside the walls of the refrigerator if the leak isn't obvious.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
Anybody tried any of this stuff?

Absolutely NOT.

Using a good leak detector, find and repair the leak. I don't want that crap running through my tools and equipment.

BTW, a new refrigerator should fix your A/C. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So I take it to mean that as long as I buy a new fridge every 10 years, I never have to worry about my A/C breaking down, right?

Does the same hold true for microwaves and heaters? Or would that be dryers?

Calling Appliance Brad...

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
Anybody tried any of this stuff?

Absolutely NOT.

Using a good leak detector, find and repair the leak. I don't want that crap running through my tools and equipment.

BTW, a new refrigerator should fix your A/C. Big Grin

WOOPSSSSSS, It's been a verrrrrrry long 2 weeks dealing with the hurricane.....somehow I read it as his refrigerator lost all of the refrigerant......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post