SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Basic science knowledge quiz.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic science knowledge quiz. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
12/12 I'm a retired engineer and (as others have said) this wasn't much of a quiz!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
12/12

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I must have something wrong with my browser. I didn't get an option of "post-graduate" in the education question, and I have no idea where the additional 13 questions are, as I didn't get an option to answer more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
*Update*
12/12, 13/13.
Mine was a public education in essentially rural Idaho, and that didn't seem like that hard of a test.
Always comforting to ace a test though. Big Grin

*No idea what school is like there now, but back then I was pretty lucky to have the excellent teachers that were somehow willing to put up with our crap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
11/12 and 13/13. Missed the magnifying glass one, was between the right answer and the one I picked. I agree the 2 tests aren't hard, and I breezed through second one real quick.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
12/12, it wasn't really that hard.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
12/12

"You scored better than 94% of the public and the same as 6%."

Same. Those were all things I learned in Jr High or High School... Sad.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Out of morbid curiosity, I took the survey on climate change.

Looking at the regional results, there are even more morons in the world than I thought.

BTW, I'm a "3 on a scale of 12" only because 3 is the lowest possible score...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Dang I missed one, but it's not my fault. I demand to be given a perfect score or I will pitch a fit!.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
12/12, but frankly that wasn't much of an accomplishment. That would be about an 8th grade quiz from my educational era.

Or 6th grade in a private school.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12/12 also. That was not a difficult test. I wonder what the average score is for America if only 6% are getting all of the questions right.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
9/12

Man, I need go back to middle school and get a refresher course...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
12/12 I'm a retired engineer and (as others have said) this wasn't much of a quiz!

I'm not a retired engineer and don't even know what some of those words meant

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
11/12

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
11/12, and I DIDN'T stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
12/12

Heaven forbid some snowflake look at the demographic breakdown of that simple quiz.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
12/12 - Got the Polio question correct by elimination.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
12/12 even with my test anxiety.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9/12
looking for volunteers to come and dress me in the mornings Frown

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
12/12

Heaven forbid some snowflake look at the demographic breakdown of that simple quiz.

I noticed it was chock-full of racism and misogyny. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post