SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Basic science knowledge quiz.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic science knowledge quiz. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

Interesting analysis at the end of who knows what.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
12/12

"You scored better than 94% of the public and the same as 6%."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
11/12.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
12/12, but to be honest, I guessed on the sound wave one. (Figured amplitude = amplify.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
12/12.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
12/12 for me as well.

Some serious morons out there according to the demographic breakdownt the end.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12/12

You scored better than 94% of the public and the same as 6%.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
12/12. Glad to see my brain still ticks!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
12/12. C'mon, didn't even work up a sweat. Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
12/12, but that was barely a science test.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
12/12, but frankly that wasn't much of an accomplishment. That would be about an 8th grade quiz from my educational era.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
PHEW!

12/12

I only took it because I figured some of you guys had to be making up your scores! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
12/12

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
No. 12 is a science question????????!!!!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
11/12 but, in my defense, my answer (which was correct btw) did not register. Must not have tapped the ipad hard enough!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
11/12 for me. Booo. I think the test is flawed.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
11/12 Nikonuser would be ashamed of the question I missed. Frown

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
11/12 but in my defense I talk to morons most of the day at work. I think it some of it is seeping in to my cranium somehow.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
12/12

That wasn't a very difficult quiz

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
No. 12 is a science question????????!!!!

Sort of, I suppose, because it requires knowing what the answer isn’t. And I might be convinced that a question about the history of science isn’t science per se.

A friend took it and was surprised that the general public did better than he would have expected. I haven’t made up my mind, but several of the questions do require some true understanding and knowledge of the topics.

If you didn’t notice, at the end of the linked quiz is a link to a different one. Getting all 13 of those questions correct puts one at the 93 percentile.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post