SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Steering wheel spinner or knob recommendation
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steering wheel spinner or knob recommendation Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
I am right handed and will be having my left arm in a sling for 3 months.

Any recommendations on a steering wheel spinner or knob?

Which is better the palm spinner or a knob?

Driving 30 minutes twice a day, to and from work.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Are they still made/sold?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
AMAZON or JC WHITNEY would be good sources. More common and local vendors could be AUTOZONE or O'REILLY'S. I haven't seen them on a car in years. Some states might even prohibit them these days.

Many people here won't even know what you're looking for.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Get thee to your local truck stop and head to the accessories aisle.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and look in the section for lawn equipment parts (filters, blades, etc.) I got mine at Home Depot.

AKA: Knuckle Buster or Brodie Knob.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
As mentioned the big truck places will have them, as will any farm type of store that sells things related to tractors.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Better yet, check your state laws as many states have deemed them illegal.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
They are on Amazon, and I suspect eBay. I remember driving a Dodge Dart that had one installed. Ah, the good old days...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Tried to steer with one hand on the way home from work today.
Having done so, I think a spinner or knob would be alot safer.

Will be doing a knob or spinner.
Spinner seems a bit safer as it is flat, however could be a bit more tiring to drive with than a knob.

Therefore I am leaning toward a spinner such as this one.
Steering wheel spinner

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
AKA suicide knob Razz

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A really weird coincidence! I was just thinking about "necker knobs" the other day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Amazon only had 1 left and it was available for delivery on Saturday, so it must be good.

And the winner is a palm spinner type.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
People are probably buying them so they can drive with one hand and text with the other.

I guess they could be called texting knobs now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try a junk yard for the old semi's.
You could probably find a really cool one.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure it attaches very tightly to the steering wheel. An air bag inflation may possibly launch it otherwise.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Had one on my '55 Chevy in 1964. What they were called then is definitely not PC now!

Everyone - and I mean everyone across the racial spectrum - called them the same. Big Grin

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Back in the 60's when I was a teenager a buddy of mine had one on his bike handlebar. It was a pinup girl that his brother bought for him from Western Auto. I walked over there to the automotive dept. and was promptly chased out by the salesman. I guess he noticed I was drooling on all the various women. Never did get one.

I just checked Ebay and they have over 1k available from US sellers.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A really weird coincidence! I was just thinking about "necker knobs" the other day.

Yep, that’s what we called them.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I kn ow Kubota sells them for tractors.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
What an interesting thing to spark memories - I didn't know those were even a thing, as i'd never seen one stateside - however, almost every taxi driver in Korea had them on their wheel. hadnt thought about that in years.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post