SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Steering wheel spinner or knob recommendation
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steering wheel spinner or knob recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Where's the best clock position for when the vehicle is going straight?

9 to 10 o'clock if you're using your left hand.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Careful you don't break a finger. Big Grin

While not nearly as bad with modern cars with their small steering wheels and power steering, if you default back to old habits and let the wheel spin back through your grasp, you can get whacked pretty good. lol

Heck in trucks and old cars just the spokes of those big steer wheel could do that to you, you didn't need a knob. I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to operate a payloader with a wheel knob... it was very helpful, until it whacked your little finger.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Seems a bit cheaply made, however it seems to work nice positioned at top dead center.

For sharp U-Bend turns for which I have to navigate it seems to work well.

The steering wheel needs to spin all the way around for U-Bends and this works nicely with the palm.

So in the morning I get my left distal bicep tendon reattached, then we can see how beneficial the spinner really is.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.farmandfleet.com/s/?keyword=knob

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 and 2, or 9 and 3. The important thing is keeping your thumbs up, therefore not prone to getting crunched when the front wheel hits something and spins that steering wheel like a bitch.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Better yet, check your state laws as many states have deemed them illegal.

This

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Farm supply store. If your state has them listed as illegal, you could check if it allows exceptions for a medical reasons and you get a doctors order.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sling is gone now, but not yet fully healed.

Top dead center as shown in the photo worked real well.

I definitely needed the knob.
Grabbing the steering wheel with my fingers of the arm in sling was not possible after surgery.

Very glad I installed it as shown.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post