SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    this snowflake buisness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

this snowflake buisness Login/Join 
posted
who started it when ?
where was I?
is it a gun thing or a political thing?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes are unique and so very fragile.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Snowflake started as a way to describe the way most kids got be totally useless. It started with the parents who believed, and acted, as though their children are each unique and special. Just like no two snowflakes are alike.

It has evolved to be a derogatory word for liberals and young people who are not mentally prepared to deal with the harshness of the real world or reality in general.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
and it implies "easily damaged"

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unique, special, and fragile. That is great. I never really thought about it, thought it just meant someone was a useless imbecile. The real definition makes more sense, but I still like mine.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia sheepdog:
Unique, special, and fragile. That is great. I never really thought about it, thought it just meant someone was a useless imbecile. The real definition makes more sense, but I still like mine.

The two definitions are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I just bump up the thermostat a few degrees and get back to what I was doing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The personality type has always existed, but I only heard them called snowflakes in the last year or two. And there do seem to be a lot more of them. Elsewhere there is a thread on job applicants bringing their parents to their interview. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1830070324

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes, I wouldn't waste my piss on them, if they were on fire.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If you get enough snowflakes together, they start to block roads, and then you need to break out the snowplows.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
If you want to see snowflakes in action, just watch the news the day Ann Coulter speaks at Berkeley next week. It will be a blizzard of snowflakes. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
If you want to see snowflakes in action, just watch the news the day Ann Coulter speaks at Berkeley next week. It will be a blizzard of snowflakes. Frown

Jim

I think you are confusing militants leftist commie assholes with snowflakes. Definitely two different breeds.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
who started it when ?
where was I?
is it a gun thing or a political thing?

Was watching Fight Club last night. There's a snowflake reference.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

I think you are confusing militants leftist commie assholes with snowflakes. Definitely two different breeds.

Yup. Fucking snowflakes are terrified of their own shadows.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's what happens when rain gets too cold

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes tend to have a meltdown when they come in contact with most warm blooded species.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia sheepdog:

The two definitions are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I can agree with you there.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Snowflakes are unique and so very fragile.

Frage-gilly (it's eye-tallion) just don't cut it in the post Klinton era Big Grin...bless their little hearts!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so is it a pejorative?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post