SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1 HP Waste Kang Sale at Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 HP Waste Kang Sale at Amazon Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I received a CamelCamelCamel alert that the 1 HP Waste Kang 9980 with the more reliable 3-bolt conventional connecting flange is on sale for $107.26 which is $52 less than when I started having CamelCamelCamel track its price.

EDITS:
1) This link should work for everyone.
2) To put the price in perspective, I paid $129.99 in Jan ‘13 for the one I installed in Anchorage, AK (ie 2 homes ago). This is the lowest 1st party (ie Amazon) price in CamelCamelCamel‘s 10-year tracking history.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Even if you do not need one right now, it's a good thing to have on the shelf at home for when your current disposal goes toes up.

I have one on hand, for when my current insinkerator dies. Three years in, and the insinkerator is still going strong, but I am prepared!

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is the reason I purchased today. The builder installed an el cheapo Badger which is showing signs of wearing out at the 3 year mark.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm rebuilding a lake cabin in ~5 years. Could this be the first thing we buy after the land last year, and just set it aside for then????

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Just the thing for grinding up bodies.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is this the full yak capable model, or the half yak?
Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Just the thing for grinding up bodies.

Baby yak bodies, maybe.

I'm not so sure about its performance grinding a full grown Black Rhino.

Tatertodd, your link doesn't work.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
WASTE KANG!!!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Even if you do not need one right now, it's a good thing to have on the shelf at home..
because you never know when you might need one later.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Even if you do not need one right now, it's a good thing to have on the shelf at home..
because you never know when you might need one later.

To reverse Earth's direction of rotation.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bump for the after work crowd. Still 9 hours and a few minutes left on the deal.

posted Hide Post
I've been in the plumbing business for 50 years and can say that I HATE Waste Kangs!!!! A good Insinkerator (don't buy the cheapest one on the shelf) is my go to. Mine is now over 20 years old and going strong, Pro SS model.

I tell all of my customers to go with the SS model for longevity.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
I've been in the plumbing business for 50 years and can say that I HATE Waste Kangs!!!! A good Insinkerator (don't buy the cheapest one on the shelf) is my go to. Mine is now over 20 years old and going strong, Pro SS model.

I tell all of my customers to go with the SS model for longevity.

Interesting you say that. Just had our kitchen remodeled and wanted a waste Kang because everyone here goes nuts over it. My remodeler, who also is/was a plumber suggested I get a insinkerator instead because Kang is overhyped. Went with insinkerator, super quiet and powerful.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SS model says it will handle the table leftovers of 150 people. Impressive! Which model does the Mafia suggest?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post