SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump knows about shitholes. He’s lived and worked in one most of his adult life. I’ve called NYC for nearly 50 years now.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
America is in peril, and the most immediate, gravest danger is from the swamp dwellers. They live in a different America than we inhabit, one of gated communities of multi-million dollar homes, and exclusive private schools with their own security forces, and have no reluctance at all about turning the America we live in into a shithole.

They are in so many ways like the aristocracy of 18th C France. You know, before the revolution.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
shitholes

A social experiment was carried out in Puerto Rico in the 60s.

The objective was to locate housing projects adjacent to well-to-do and almost-there well-to-do subdivisions. It was expected that those in the housing projects would learn and assimilate all the good traits, attributes and characteristics of their upper class neighbors.

You, the reader, have three chances to figure out what happened.

The Crimson Kenyan did in fact legislate this very concept in the USA with his golden pen & phone.

He pronounced that wealthy communities, like Scarsdale, NY and Bronxville, NY, import a certain number of 'disadvantaged' minorities into their towns, such that they could benefit from the nicer things that the rich folks worked hard to obtain (schools, parks, hospitals, police force, etc.).

The sweet irony is that it is highly likely that the people living in those high-rent districts voted for him.

Posts: 3474 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
"Shithole country" is just a crude version of "third world country," as far as I'm concerned.

The president does need to keep a filter in place at all times, IMO, as it's clear there will almost always be someone around willing to feed his every word to the press.

Sometimes you have to call a spade; ...a spade.
I've lived in Africa (in one of the more prosperous African countries) and been to several others.
Seriously, they are all shitholes compared to the US.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
"Shithole country" is just a crude version of "third world country," as far as I'm concerned.

The president does need to keep a filter in place at all times, IMO, as it's clear there will almost always be someone around willing to feed his every word to the press.

Sometimes you have to call a spade; ...a spade.
I've lived in Africa (in one of the more prosperous African countries) and been to several others.
Seriously, they are all shitholes compared to the US.

As I reminded Vice President Cheney after his admonition to Senator Leahy, “Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” Mark Twain

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
President Donald Trump on Friday received his annual medical checkup, his first ever while serving as commander in chief.

The doctor in charge of the exam said it "went exceptionally well," although he did not divulge any further details.

Trump's checkup, conducted by Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, did not include a psychiatric exam, despite recent questions being raised about his mental faculties.

He walked out of the hospital Friday afternoon. Trump on Thursday had said he expected his exam would "go very well."

"I'll be very surprised if it doesn't," said the 71-year-old Trump, who last January became the oldest person ever to take office as president.

"It better go well. Otherwise the stock market will not be happy."

Trump's exam took place under the supervision of Dr. Ronny Jackson, the White House physician.

Jackson, who presided over President Barack Obama's last physical in office in 2016, issued a brief statement on the physical Friday evening.

"The President's physical exam today at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center went exceptionally well. The President is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday," Jackson said.

On Tuesday, Jackson plans to take questions from reporters at the White House about the exam.

Trump's personal physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein, in December 2015 had issued a letter about the then-presidential candidate's health.

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein wrote.

In September 2016, Bornstein issued another letter that said Trump was 6-foot-3-inches tall and weighed 236 pounds. Tests for cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and other readings "are all well within the normal range," Bornstein wrote.

He said Trump, who does not use alcohol or tobacco, takes medication to control his cholesterol and also takes a low-dose aspirin daily.

"Mr. Trump is in excellent health," the doctor wrote.

Bornstein's confidence aside, there have been questions raised about both Trump's diet and his mental health.

The president has a well-known penchant for fast food and an aversion to exercise. In their new book "Let Trump Be Trump," former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and ex-campaign aide David Bossie wrote that "Trump's appetite seems to know no bounds when it comes to McDonald's."

The duo wrote that a typical dinner for the billionaire real-estate mogul was "two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish and a chocolate" shake. That dinner contains 2,430 calories.

On Trump's jet during the campaign, "There were four major food groups: McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza and Diet Coke," Lewandowski and Bossie wrote. The New York Times has reported that Trump drinks 12 Diet Cokes daily.

While Bornstein wrote in late 2015 that Trump had recently lost "at least 15 pounds," the president appears to have put on weight while in office.

Last year, during a visit with world leaders in Sicily, Italy, Trump opted not to walk with them a length of about two football fields for a group photo, but instead waited for a golf cart to take him the short distance.

Last week, another new book, Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury," raised questions about Trump's mental competency. Wolff told NBC News that Trump has had an increasing tendency to repeat the same stories within a short amount of time.

He also said that the question of whether to invoke the Constitution's 25th Amendment, which allows for a president to be removed from office if he is deemed "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office," is frequently discussed in the White House.

Trump administration officials blasted Wolff's claims, and the president's lawyer demanded, unsuccessfully, that the book not be published.

Trump himself used Twitter to lash out against Wolff and specifically compared himself to Ronald Reagan, who was the target of claims that his mental capacity diminished in office. Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease after leaving the White House.

Link

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Suck it up, Liberals Big Grin

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's White House physician declared him in "excellent health" after the president received his first medical checkup at Walter Reed military hospital on Friday, undergoing a physical examination amid suggestions in a recent book and by his detractors that he's mentally unfit.

Dr. Ronny Jackson, in a statement released by the White House, said the examination "went exceptionally well. The President is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday." Trump spent about three hours at the medical facility in Bethesda, Maryland, outside Washington, for the Friday afternoon checkup, his first as president, before departing for Florida for the weekend.

The fairly routine exam for previous presidents has taken on outsized importance in the age of Trump, given the tone of some of his tweets, comments attributed to some of his close advisers and Trump's recent slurring of words on national TV.

Some of the comments were published in a new book about Trump's first year, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" by Michael Wolff, which White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has denounced as "complete fantasy" for portraying her 71-year-old boss as undisciplined and in over his head as president.

Trump himself has pushed back hard against any suggestion that he's mentally unfit, declaring himself "a very stable genius." He told reporters on Thursday that he expected the exam "to go very well. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't."

The examination lasted several hours and measured things like Trump's blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, heart rate and weight. The White House did not provide specific results of those tests. Jackson, who also provided care for President Barack Obama and became a White House physician in 2006, is expected to provide a detailed readout of the exam on Tuesday and answer questions from reporters.

But conclusions about Trump's mental acuity were not expected. The White House said Trump would not undergo a psychiatric exam. Officials did not address a different type of screening: assessments of cognitive status that examine neurologic functions including memory. Cognitive assessments aren't routine in standard physicals, though they recently became covered in Medicare's annual wellness visits for seniors.

While the exams are not mandatory, modern presidents typically undergo them regularly and release a doctor's report declaring they are "fit for duty."

Two months before the November 2016 election, Trump released a five-paragraph letter from his longtime physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein, who concluded that Trump "is in excellent physical health." A year earlier, Bornstein said in a December 2015 letter: "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

The 2016 letter put Trump's blood pressure and cholesterol measurements in the healthy range, though he uses a cholesterol-lowering statin medication. His EKG, chest X-ray, echocardiogram and blood sugar were normal.

The 6-foot-3 Trump weighed 236 pounds (107 kilograms), and his body mass index, or BMI, of 29.5 put him in the category of being overweight for his height.

Trump takes Crestor for his cholesterol, a low-dose aspirin for heart attack prevention, Propecia to treat male-pattern baldness and antibiotics for rosacea. The doctor's 2016 letter stated that Trump's testosterone level, 441.6, was in the normal range, as were his PSA reading for prostate abnormalities and tests of his liver and thyroid.

Trump was 70 when he took office on Jan. 20, 2017, making him the oldest person ever elected to the nation's highest office.

How much of Trump's health information is released to the public is up to the president, but Sanders said she expects the White House to release the same kind of details past presidents have made public.

Obama's three medical reports included sections on vital statistics; physical exam by system, such as eyes, pulmonary and gastrointestinal; lab results; his past medical and surgical history; his social history; and medications, among others.

Trump has said he gets most of his exercise playing golf. The American Heart Association has said the best types of exercise increase the heart rate and make a person breathe heavily, but that activities like golf don't provide as much cardiovascular benefit since they don't require much extra effort. The association suggests players walk the golf course instead of renting a golf cart. Trump drives a cart from hole to hole.

Obama played basketball, lifted weights, worked out on an elliptical machine or treadmill and played golf. George W. Bush traded running for mountain biking to preserve his knees. Bill Clinton was a runner who installed a jogging track at the White House. He also played golf and indulged in Big Macs.

Trump likes fast food, too, along with well-done steaks, chocolate cake and double scoops of vanilla ice cream. He reportedly downs 12 Diet Cokes a day. In their recent book, "Let Trump Be Trump," former top campaign aides Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie described the four major food groups on Trump's campaign plane as "McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza and Diet Coke."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...-in-excellent-health

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Noone really gives a crap about what obama did while stinking up the White House. There is no reason I can think of to even compare a kenyon dog to a President. The 8 years prior to President Trump are irrelavent. They all got away with crimes. The only reason I can make that the MSM keeps hanging demoncat trash out in front of us is to antagonize.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Obama "lifted" weights. Big Grin

For comparison.......

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
there have been questions raised about... his mental health.

Not by anyone credible.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
no surprise his manish wife out lifts Stampy feet.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Yeah. Obama "lifted" weights. Big Grin

I think the proper term is "beauty bells".

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...stice-officials.html

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told Republican colleagues in two closed-door meetings this week he has seen evidence that shows clear "abuse" of government surveillance programs by FBI and Justice Department officials, according to three sources familiar with the conversations, raising more questions about whether the controversial anti-Trump dossier was used by the Obama administration to authorize surveillance of advisers to President Trump.

The California Republican made his comments in private meetings with GOP colleagues as he tried to round up votes in favor of renewing a key section of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, known as Section 702, which eventually passed in the House on Thursday.

That part of the law specifically gives the U.S. government the power to get access to communications, such as emails or phone calls, of foreigners outside the United States who may be plotting a terrorist attack but does not allow the government to target Americans.

Before the vote, Nunes told GOP lawmakers they could trust him that he has not seen abuse of that section of the law dealing with foreigners, but that other sections of the law have in fact been misused by government officials to conduct surveillance of Americans. Nunes vowed that he plans to address his concerns by trying to share the evidence with the entire House later this month, after the debate over Section 702 is complete, according to the three sources familiar with the conversations.

Nunes said he would "read all 435 members of Congress into major abuses with other areas of FISA and will read members in ASAP" on those problems, according to one of the three sources familiar with the conversations.

While Nunes was not specific about the abuses, his comments came after a Washington Examiner report that during the week of January 1, representatives from four key congressional panels -- including the House Intelligence Committee -- examined FISA documents from the Obama administration in a secure room at the Justice Department.

That session at the Justice Department, confirmed by Fox News, came after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray agreed to make the documents available to lawmakers under pressure from Nunes. Nunes had fired off a late December letter to Rosenstein blasting the DOJ and FBI for its "failure to fully produce" documents related to the anti-Trump dossier, saying “at this point it seems the DOJ and FBI need to be investigating themselves.”

Byron York of the Washington Examiner reported this week that representatives from these committees had the opportunity to view documents that cut to "the question of whether the FBI used unverified material from the dossier -- a Clinton campaign opposition research product -- to apply for permission to spy on Americans."

at this point, I couldn't care less about "reading in" all 435 members of congress.

Tell the American People what is going on. This is getting completely absurd. Stop dancing around and tell us.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Heck.

Here's a pop level mental health test you can take
https://www.psychologytoday.co...al-health-assessment

However, here is a more profession guide to a mental status interview
http://psychclerk.bsd.uchicago.edu/mse.pdf

Point is, a true examine is only done face to face. I've done them, written them up and gone over them with a psychiatrist. He in turn interviewed the person focusing on the points developed in the initial interview. Then there are the psychological tests.

Any supposed professional that sounds off with an opinion and hasn't done any of this is an outright fraud.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Weaponizing psychology is an old Communist tactic.

Nothing new here.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Heck.

Here's a pop level mental health test you can take
https://www.psychologytoday.co...al-health-assessment

Thanks for the link.I took it and its pretty accurate.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Shit hole third world countries? Trump was right again...literally!

take the word of the liberal, globalist United Nations, which celebrated its annual "World Toilet Day"

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
perhaps getting a little old, but

Fiat Chrysler is announcing that they will be doling out $2,000 bonuses to its workers. They will also be investing $1 billion in a Michigan plant

CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement that these announcements reflect the company's ongoing commitment to manufacturing in the U.S. He also cited the recently signed tax bill as an opportunity to share the savings with Fiat Chrysler employees.

The automaker said it will invest more than $1 billion in a Michigan plant and relocate production of its Ram Heavy Duty truck in 2020. That model is currently being produced in Saltillo, Mexico.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-bonuses-to-n2433414

posted Hide Post
I've worked with a few very vocal liberals and it warms my heart to know they wake up each day facing a Donald Trump Presidency and the end of mankind as we know it.

This shows how bad the libs are losing it. The last paragraph is a gas.

https://pitchfork.com/news/mob...ut-trump-and-russia/

quote:
perhaps getting a little old, but

I wonder how much money has been returned to We the People since the Tax Bill Passed? The government is tricky though since money in the private sector changes hands 4 times and is taxed each time.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post