SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
What continues to frost my proverbials is those who think refugees/immigrants have a "constitutional right." Hell they aren't even citizens and therefore have jack shit. I mean WTFO is with these idiots?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16185 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
What continues to frost my proverbials is those who think refugees/immigrants have a "constitutional right." Hell they aren't even citizens and therefore have jack shit. I mean WTFO is with these idiots?

Roll Eyes

Well, you're wrong. But whatever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for posting at least the opening motion. It would have been fun to respond to that. There were holes big enough to drive trucks through in it.

It would be interesting to see the government's reply. If the judge, a reported liberal, wanted to stretch to a result, I suppose he had some ways - however specious.

Upon review of the petition, the ruling language is likely to make some fairly large leaps.

One would hope that the judge's ruling is more robust than the petition.

The petition invited legislative history as a partial response. Again, it is just not known what the government or the judge wrote - yet.

I have had cases go to appeal because a judge did not follow the law. Stretching for a result over the clear language of a statute happens. I even had an appeals court chide lower court judges for ignoring clear things in a statute. Again, we'll see.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Once they are feet dry, they are afforded the same rights we have. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
But if they are still in Syria or Iraq, they do NOT have 'Constitutional rights.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Once they are feet dry, they are afforded the same rights we have. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

I happen to agree with it down to my core.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you even know the definition of the word "Immigrant." ???

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The opening part of the Washington State AG filing says

"This relief is necessary to protect the State, its residents, and its businesses from ongoing irreparable harm, and is overwhelmingly in the public interest"

The filing attacks that the order still says green card holders impacted, even though it has been said green card holders are not impacted.

The filing says Washington universities are impacted because some of these immigrants were to go to school in Washington.

Not a lawyer, but the filing sounded very weak.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
But if they are still in Syria or Iraq, they do NOT have 'Constitutional rights.'

I happen to believe everyone on the planet has all the same rights that are prescribed in the Constitution. But that's a debate for another time.

The reality is you're right. It's simply not sensible for us to be the "world's court" as it may in regards to the constitutional rights of every person on earth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
Haven't read the Judge's order but still, I don't understand it. Great deference is given to the President by the Courts in matters of national security. There's got to be something else going on here.

Economic damage for some? Since when it is paramount to national security?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:

In your opinion which, means as much to me as mine does to you.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)

1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States . . . .

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, one seeking naturalization must be of good moral character and must be "attached to the principles of the Constitution."

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:

It's not an opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:

It's not an opinion.

It seems like the term "immigrant" is somehow being confused with "illegal immigrant". That is a very slippery slope. Further, many immigrants are citizens.

that aside, Alan, I agree with you on this one Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
long article and a surprising one

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...top-using-h1b-trump/

A leading Indian software entrepreneur says Indian companies must accept President Donald Trump’s pro-American policies and must start hiring Americans instead of sending Indian white-collar H-1B visa workers into American job sites.

The startling Feb. 2 recommendation came from N.R. Narayana Murthy, the president and co-founder of the most-criticized H-1B outsourcing firm, Infosys Limited, which has asked for more than 100,000 work visas since 2013. The company uses the visas to send their lower-wage Indian employees to work in U.S. banks, manufacturers and service companies throughout the United States.

“We should stop using H-1B visas and [stop] sending a large number of Indians to those countries to deliver services,” he said in an interview on an Indian affiliate of Microsoft’s MSN network

We have to recruit from colleges there, we have to train those local people [to work with] Indian companies … it is great opportunity for Indian companies to become more and more multicultural.

Roughly 650,000 foreign H-1B workers are employed in a wide variety of white-collar jobs in the United States, including roughly 100,000 as academics, teachers, doctors, therapists, scientists, and designers at American universities. Overall, roughly 1 million foreign college-grads are employed as contract workers in the United States, even as 800,000 Americans graduate from college each year with skilled degrees to compete for well-paying jobs.

Throughout the 2016 campaign, Trump criticized the H-1B program, which is used by many American companies, including Comcast, Carnival, Disney, McDonalds, Caterpillar and Uber. The Indian firms usually rent their H-1B employees out to brand-name American companies.

The increased supply of foreign graduates pushes many middle-aged American professionals out of their careers, and pushes younger American graduates into different careers with lower salaries. The sidelined American professionals and their families have been a huge source of support for Trump among university-educated voters because of Trump’s promise to reform the program.

Trump’s plan to reform the H-1B programs is expected to appear in the next few months, amid determined efforts by major U.S. companies – such as Microsoft and Google – to keep their reserve army of foreign professionals. On Friday, Trump met with top business advisors, many of whom oppose his January decision to exclude would-be immigrants with “hostile attitudes.”

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One cannot argue with a tsunami.

Posts: 107497 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I happen to believe everyone on the planet has all the same rights that are prescribed in the Constitution. But that's a debate for another time.

The reality is you're right. It's simply not sensible for us to be the "world's court" as it may in regards to the constitutional rights of every person on earth.

Under your belief, every living person has a Constitutional right to be present in the United States as it pleases them from time to time.

I think you are referring to the so-called natural rights, free speech, free association, due process, keep and bear arms, as opposed to right to vote, be present in the US, etc. which might be more than one bridge too far.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Under your belief, every living person has a Constitutional right to be present in the United States as it pleases them from time to time.

I think you are referring to the so-called natural rights, free speech, free association, due process, keep and bear arms, as opposed to right to vote, be present in the US, etc. which might be more than one bridge too far.

Yes, I am. Thank you for clarifying. I don't believe that every person has a right to come to this country as he or she pleases.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

His statement is overbroad and probably not what he believes but it is beyond this thread. Grand Jury indictment? The first three Articles of the Constitution and etc?

Perhaps civil liberties and the first generation of Human Rights found in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is what he would mean after discussion. But, again, it's beyond the scope of this thread.

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
So glad my great state took immediate action on this. Roll Eyes

I hope Trump will still visit from time to time.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post