SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Secret Service agents should avoid posting anything to social media. Especially for the details assigned to the president and VP. I'm surprised it's not policy.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
Secret Service agents should avoid posting anything to social media. Especially for the details assigned to the president and VP. I'm surprised it's not policy.

It is policy:

quote:
Secret Service employees are among those federal employees subject to enhanced Hatch Act restrictions, including these two rules:

May not post a comment to a blog or a social media site that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.

May not use any email account or social media to distribute, send or forward content that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.

The Secret Service misconduct probe is focused on whether O'Grady posted the comments during work hours, according to several Secret Service sources.

The whistleblowers are concerned that the brass is trying to cover for her and shuffle her around without firing her.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Watching the opening statement of the ranking member Schiff concerning the Comey testimony. What an absolute d-bag...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I think any social media posting should be restricted, not just political content.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
One might wonder if there are other USSS agents who have the same feelings as this agent, but are just smarter and don't post it or talk about it openly.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Watching the opening statement of the ranking member Schiff concerning the Comey testimony. What an absolute d-bag...

I watched it also. I've got to give him credit for the skill he used to weave the democrat's narrative into the known truth, thus giving the narrative a semblance of truth.
I was also stuck by the line of questioning from the black woman concerning Flynn. Her accusations framed in the form of a question pointed to the law relating to members of government and the military accepting money for speaking engagements or lobbying efforts on behalf of foreign governments. Flynn accepted $35K for a speech to a foreign government and also lobbied for Turkey.
I'm sitting there thinking "That sounds more like Hitlery Klingon how'd she get away with it?" Then I realized that we are seeing rise to a beast more evil than the shell corporation, meet the shell foundation. Designed not just to skirt the law but to also abuse the public's trust.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice how the FBI is now pursuing every possible avenue of investigation on the Trump/Russia ties and potential election tampering, but wobbled on the fence and eventunally did nothing about Clinton's clear breach of national security using a personal email server?

I cannot listen to anything that Comey says and give it even an ounce of credibility. How has he maintained his position as FBI Director?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he is serving a function right now

I can't imagine what it is because he should be in jail, but Trump has a reason for keeping him in the seat - perhaps it is to give him enough rope to hang himself in the future

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sack anyone at the FBI and NSA unwilling to back Trump on the wiretap investigation. Comey is a traitor.

Posts: 628 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
With this thread only 2 months old and having the numbers it has already, by the end of Trumps first term it should have something like 99,000 posts and approx. 7,360,000 views. Razz

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Comey is a traitor."

I agree. But what, exactly, is he up to in these hearings? I have the feeling that his comments about the Russians attacking "democracy," and trying to defeat Hillary are a prelude to something more. He is so out of line with the supposedly "non-political" FBI mission. Why would he say these things? Along with "top" Democrats like Pelosi and others suggesting that Trump will soon be out of office-- I think all this might be a set up for formal impeachment hearings.

I know-- that is preposterous. But these are evil and desperate people, and they -- the Democrats-- have a lot of RINOs and "Never Trumpers" on their side.

Maybe they themselves don't even know what they are doing-- beyond just damaging/weakening Trump's presidency.

We are a bit past the ides of March, but if they do have nefarious plans, they will tip the country right over into civil war.

I have the flu, and maybe what I have just said is just "sick thinking." (Everything looks sinister when you feel like crap.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Preach it Mr Woods...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: feersum dreadnaught,

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but from the testimony I saw (I actually watched the hearing), Comey seemed to imply in his answers about Russia's and Putin's motivation that they did so not necessarily because they liked Trump, but because they had such dislike for Clinton. Putin hated Hillary so much that he was in effect rooting for Trump.

Kinda like when you hate a football team so much that you root for and actively help whoever their opposing team is.

I heard pretty much most of Comey's testimony, and I don't see where y'all are perceiving such nefarious intent. Do you really expect Comey to not say anything at all that might be perceived as negative for the President? Absolutely nothing?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know, but from the testimony I saw (I actually watched the hearing), Comey seemed to imply in his answers about Russia's and Putin's motivation that they did so not necessarily because they liked Trump, but because they had such dislike for Clinton. Putin hated Hillary so much that he was in effect rooting for Trump.

My 79 year old memory is getting foggy, but I do seem to remember something about 40 tons of uranium that the hildabeast brokered for Russia.

Maybe Putin only pissed (if he really is) because she let the cat out of the bag.

And, as far as comey (uncapped on purpose) is concerned the SOB should be sitting in federal prison for perpetuating the klinton foundation, national security breaches, perjury just to name a few. His covering for the klintons simply makes him complicit in their crimes.

And as far as I am concerned, Trump has made a very large mistake in not throwing the SOB out with the rest of the obummer trash.

Not to mention some number of obummer appointees still in office where they can do a lot of damage.

I am not generally in favor of throwing the baby out with the bath water, but in this case it is long overdue.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CBS 60 minutes had a segment on last night about H1B visa abuse (Univ of CA and Disney letting programmers go and hiring foreign workers at half the salary). My question is, WHY NOW CBS? Breitbart and other sites have been reporting on this for a long time. Is CBS suddenly getting a conscience and reporting on news that affects real American lives - even if it is favorable to President Trump? Or perhaps they are truly worried about the 2018 midterms and decided they had better start finding out what some of these issues are all about. Did they have to wait until after the election so as not to unduly influence it?! No, none of these answers really makes any sense.

Maybe I'll send this article to some of my liberal relatives. Perhaps they will know. At least they can't say Breitbart is ALL fake news!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ar...ers-with-h-1b-visas/

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
How many times today did Comey say he is so concerned about the proper handling of classified info ?

(Just not TS/SCI SAP and a couple thousand CONF emails)

It is very frustrating to watch our country being torn in two and our president's legitimacy be attacked every day while Comey can't comment on anything. (Unless it puts the President in a bad light)

Comey is not doing the FBI or the country much good. MHO.

BTW, did the FBI ever examine the DNC computers ? Earlier reports were that only Crowdstrike examined the DNC machines. The DNC refused to let the FBI look at them.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... I'm sure that the particular line of questioning being pursued, protects a number of jobs that are on the line right now.

Email servers, uranium deals, Foundation 'donations' .. all are very much taking the proverbial backseat.

I trust that this and other investigations (Comey as well) are not lost or swept away as the short memory minded sheeple go about their lives.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Email servers, uranium deals, Foundation 'donations' .. all are very much taking the proverbial backseat.

All part of the plan to let the whole MCF fade away into obscurity. Nothing else.

Too many high ranking folks are involved in one form or another to let this particular cat out of the bag.

Like Comey did when he held that 20+ minute briefing in which he outlined all the criminal actions by the hildabeast, and then refused to pursue any of it. Because he could find no INTENT to do wrong.

Say what? All those security briefings, papers signed, etc etc about security requirements, and she simply ignored it all and set up her own system outside the state department. Hundreds of security violations. And, if I recall correctly, each could be a separate charge.

That meeting between slick willy and good ol' loretta was not to talk about grand kids.

And it was successful.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The media seems fixated on how Trump might be involved with the Russians. Why is it they could care less about the information that was revealed in the hack? They should still be talking about how the Clinton camp fixed the Democratic nomination.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
The media seems fixated on how Trump might be involved with the Russians. Why is it thy could care less about the information that was revealed in the hack? They should still be talking about how the Clinton camp fixed the Democratic nomination.

... because had the outcome been different, it would not have mattered or even been blip on the fuzzy radar. No one paid any attention.

Now that we have a CIC who makes it matter, now the attention is fixed ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post