SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Identity politics. Always a failure.

I have two VERY, VERY, good friends, both of whom were born in Mexico and came to this country legally. They both absolutely hate illegals, and coincidentally, they both earned their citizenship by serving in the USMC.

I think they hate illegals more than I do (and they voted Trump).

Sorry George, you lose.

My wife is a LEGAL immigrant. Extremely negative on the illegals issue. Also rather down on welfare and very pro Trump.

Now, if I could just get her to carry a gun.

Sounds like my wife! To a tee

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The transcript of the press conference today in the Rose Garden with the President and Mitch McConnell is worth a read, and it is found here.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I gotta say that I have a low opinion of Flake.

"DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Former presidential strategist Steve Bannon is rebuffing President Donald Trump's public plea for him to retreat in his war on the Republican establishment, personally boosting the candidacy of a challenger to incumbent Sen. Jeff Flake.

Bannon plans to appear with Arizona Senate candidate Kelli Ward on Tuesday as she holds a campaign kickoff fundraiser in another bid for the Senate, this time against freshman Flake. Ward lost last year to Republican Sen. John McCain, who went on to win a sixth term…"

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

"Hillary Clinton was forced to make a series of embarrassing media cancellations today after falling and hurting her foot

Oh, bullshit.
Roll Eyes

She doesn't want to have to go anywhere to answer questions about her corrupt fucking sham of a "Foundation" and Harvey Creepo Weinstein's donations to her campaign.

She's so full of shit, it's pouring out of every orifice.

Juanita Broaddrick trolls Mrs. Clinton on her claims regarding how she got injured: LINK

“Hillary forgot to mention she was dodging sniper fire while running downstairs in heels carrying a cup of coffee when she fell.”

Big Grin

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.5913cd121836

A federal judge on Tuesday largely blocked the Trump administration from implementing the latest version of the president’s controversial travel ban, setting up yet another legal showdown on the extent of the executive branch’s powers when it comes to setting immigration policy.

The decision from Judge Derrick K. Watson in Hawaii is sure to be appealed, but for now, it means that the administration cannot restrict the entry of travelers from six of the eight countries that officials said were either unable or unwilling to provide information the U.S. wanted to vet their citizens.

The latest ban was set to fully go into effect in the early morning hours of October 18, barring various types of travelers from Syria, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Chad, Somalia, North Korea and Venezuela. Watson’s order stops it, at least temporarily, with respect to all the countries except North Korea and Venezuela.

posted Hide Post
So, in my German online news rag, ISIS getting pushed out of their capital in Syria, Rakka, is front page news. Here in the U.S. I finally see a reference on CNN, under the headline "Trump takes credit for getting ISIS to give up" and its ;sort of buried. Yes it;s on the front page - barely.

Reading the US piece, seems like President Trump wanted to win and let the people in charge of using green painted stuff that makes things go boom, go at it, along with assembling a coalition, in getting it done. Bush II and Obama , globalists of the 1st magnitude, had no intention of ending it. Lots of money in the munitions and funeral business.

Anyway, thanks to President Trump's leadership, ISIS is soon to be a footnote in history. Fixing Syria will be more difficult. But, then, so is fixing stupid.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
our court system makes flowing molasses look like light speed.

Am still sampling the status of rioters arrested on Inauguration Day (20 Jan 2017)

Duke Mabirou is a random selection of the 200 or so arrested.

Mabirou now has a jury trial scheduled for 6 Aug 2018

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what the fuck is this 'judge' doing?

I know you can't fix stupid but can't someone please tell this piece of shit that he has zero legislative powers here...he's a federal judge - big fuckin whoop

that and $3 will get you a small bottle of water

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
what the fuck is this 'judge' doing?

I know you can't fix stupid but can't someone please tell this piece of shit that he has zero legislative powers here...he's a federal judge - big fuckin whoop

that and $3 will get you a small bottle of water

Well first of all, the terrorists people banned from the US do not typically travel to that state. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The transcript of the press conference today in the Rose Garden with the President and Mitch McConnell is worth a read, and it is found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW9WDpHSYdM

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...6001/?#sp=show-clips

FBI warned Obama administration about Russian bribery plot

Oct. 17, 2017 - 5:08 - London Center for Policy Research President Tony Shaffer on the Obama administration approving a deal to allow Russia to purchase American uranium reserves, while the FBI simultaneously discovered a Russian bribery plot.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So a Democratic Congresswoman from Florida gets on TV saying the President was disrespectful to members of a fallen soldier's family during a call.

What the hell is happening? I have never, ever, heard anyone comment on the personal nature of those calls. The most I've seen is a photo of the President taking the call. Who does this woman think she is? Was she listening in on the other line just to get a dig at the President? Did she ask this Mother to put the call on speakerphone?

If the Family wants to comment on the conversation, fine. But I think we've reached a new low when you politicize a condolence call.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
My guess is that the call was recorded, probably like every call Trump makes. They (Democrat Party, Democrat stooges) will never, ever stop, so don't be surprised by anything they do.

They score points only with their own base of fools and parasites.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
So a Democratic Congresswoman from Florida gets on TV saying the President was disrespectful to members of a fallen soldier's family during a call.

They WANT SO BAD to "get" him on something and see this as yet another chance.

How much you want to bet he said something like:

"I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband, he made a great sacrifice for our nation and while he knew what he was getting into, he chose to face that danger head on and his bravery will not go unnoticed."

And they run to the press with "he knew what he was getting into" to make him look like a cold uncaring lout.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just a bit of advice- if you live in a district that's sending someone to Congress who dresses up like a Goddamned organ grinder's monkey, you may want to consider moving out of there.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:

What the hell is happening? I have never, ever, heard anyone comment on the personal nature of those calls. The most I've seen is a photo of the President taking the call. Who does this woman think she is? Was she listening in on the other line just to get a dig at the President? Did she ask this Mother to put the call on speakerphone?

If the Family wants to comment on the conversation, fine. But I think we've reached a new low when you politicize a condolence call.

From the Daily Mail story:

quote:
President Donald Trump has come under fire for his 'insensitive' choice of words when speaking to the pregnant widow of one of the four U.S. Special Forces soldiers killed in Niger.

Trump phoned Myeshia Johnson on Tuesday afternoon to give his condolences over the death of her husband Sgt. La David Johnson, according to Rep. Frederica Wilson.

During the five minute call, Wilson said, Trump told Johnson that her 25-year-old husband 'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

The remark – delivered with a car full of people listening on speakerphone – drew instant condemnation, but Trump said Wednesday morning that it was entirely made up.

'Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!' the president tweeted.

A White House spokesperson did not respond to a question Wednesday morning about what Trump's evidence consists of.

Wilson fired back quickly on CNN, citing several people in the car who were aware of Trump's remarks and saying: 'This gentleman has a brain disorder, and he needs to be checked out. ... We should be praising his family, not insulting them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...w.html#ixzz4vsGqJmk5

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
...according to Rep. Frederica Wilson.
Ah, the moron's moron once again attempts to speak. This woman is so hopelessly stupid she could actually fail an IQ test. Unfortunately she's just another in a string of illiterate, moronic, black politicians from Florida who've managed to push their way into the public trough.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Assuming the President actually said something like, “He knew what he was getting into,” then it’s something that needs to be said more often than it is, and not recognizing the fact is what’s truly insulting to anyone in the military forces (and others in dangerous professions).

I’m reminded of an NPR piece I heard shortly after the Panama operation about an Hispanic soldier who was killed in action. The reporter interviewed his mother and with leading questions tried to make it seem that he was in the Army only because he had no other job prospects and, by implication, was too stupid to realize that military combat can be hazardous to one’s health. I was so disgusted by the piece that I actually wrote a letter of complaint.

There is no honor or courage in doing something while ignorant of the possible consequences. Some choices of words can be better than others, but, “He had a clear-eyed understanding of the hazards of military service, and chose to accept them,” isn’t an insult and will offend only those who are determined to find something to take offense at.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm right in the middle of building an honor box for the parents of SSG Bryan Black. His parents are very close friends of ours and today they are celebrating his life in NC and on the 30th he will be buried at Arlington.

When I heard this today it made my blood boil. It wasn't what the President said, it was the fact this democrat POS would lie and politicize the death of a solder in an attempt to make the President look bad. These people are walking pieces of garbage.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So how common is it for a Politician and their Press person to accompany a grieving widow to meet an Honor Flight?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post