SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, CNN continues its internal investigation . . .

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta tweets:

"Does this feel like America? Where the White House takes [questions] from conservatives, then openly trashes the news media in the briefing room."

answer: Does now Jimbo

http://www.washingtonexaminer....rica/article/2627253

Does it feel like America where one of the networks (@CNN) gives debate questions to their preferred candidate ahead of time? https://t.co/woNU3u7dQN

— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) June 28, 2017

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Hehe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These buffoons keep putting their foot in their mouth.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump administration sets new visa rules for travel-ban countries

The Trump administration on Wednesday set new criteria for visa applicants from six mainly Muslim nations and all refugees that require a "close" family or business tie to the United States.

The move came after the Supreme Court partially restored President Trump's executive order, which was widely criticized as a ban on Muslims.

The new rules take effect at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday.

Visas that have already been approved will not be revoked, but instructions issued by the State Department say that new applicants from Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen must prove a relationship with a parent, spouse, child, adult son or daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling already in the U.S. to be eligible.

The same requirement, with some exceptions, holds for would-be refugees from all nations who are still awaiting approval for admission to the U.S.

Grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, fiances or other extended family members are not considered to be close relationships, according to the guidelines that were issued in a cable sent to all U.S. embassies and was obtained by The Associated Press.

As far as business or professional links are concerned, the State Department said a legitimate relationship must be "formal, documented and formed in the ordinary course rather than for the purpose of evading" the ban.

Journalists, students, workers or lecturers who have valid invitations or employment contracts in the U.S. would be exempt from the ban. The exemption does not apply to those who seek a relationship with an American business or educational institution purely for the purpose of avoiding the rules, the cable said. A hotel reservation or car rental contract, even if it was pre-paid, would also not count, it said.

Consular officers may grant other exemptions to applicants from the six nations if they have "previously established significant contacts with the United States;" "significant business or professional obligations" in the U.S.; if they are an infant, adopted child or in need of urgent medical care; if they are traveling for business with a recognized international organization or the U.S. government or if they are a legal resident of Canada who applies for a visa in Canada, according to the cable.

Critics said they are watching closely to see how the guidelines are used.

"Initial reports suggest that the government may try to unilaterally expand the scope of the ban -- for example, by arbitrarily refusing to treat certain categories of familial relationships as `bona fide.' These reports are deeply concerning. We are watching for official word," said Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU's Immigrants' Rights.

On Monday, the Supreme Court partially lifted lower court injunctions against Trump's executive order that had temporarily banned visas for citizens of the six countries. The justices' ruling exempted applicants from the ban if they could prove a "bona fide relationship" with a U.S. person or entity, but the court offered only broad guidelines -- suggesting they would include a relative, job offer or invitation to lecture in the U.S. -- as to how that should be defined.

Senior officials from the departments of State, Justice and Homeland Security had labored since the decision to clarify the ruling and Wednesday's instructions were the result. The new guidance will remain in place until the Supreme Court issues a final ruling on the matter. Arguments before the justices will not be held until at least October, so the interim rules will remain in place at least until the fall.

Earlier this month, the Trump administration approved a new questionnaire for U.S. visa applicants that asks for social media handles and accounts used during the last five years and travel history, including the source of funding for trips, over the past 15 years, for more “rigorous” vetting.

The State Department requested expedited consideration and “emergency review” from the Office of Management and Budget on May 5 for the new visa application protocol. Fox News can confirm that OMB has approved the new measures.

Under the new rules, would-be immigrants from the six countries who won a coveted visa in the government's diversity lottery -- a program that randomly awards 50,000 green cards annually to people from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States -- will also have to prove they have a "bona fide relationship" within the U.S. or are eligible for another waiver or face being banned for at least 90 days. That hurdle may be a difficult one for those immigrants to overcome, as many visa lottery winners don't have relatives in the U.S. or jobs in advance of arriving in the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ies-report-says.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From yesterday, the President meeting with parents of children murdered by illegals, very sad...I don't know if previous presidents ever met with victims' families or at least advocated on their behalf as aggressively as President Trump and his administration appears to be doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYi31uvAQiw

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
MAGA!

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Elmo is too smart to allow anyone from CNN to put their hand up his shirt tail.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I wish he'd stop tweeting. I believe it is counter-productive and takes way from the great things he is accomplishing.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
I wish he'd stop tweeting. I believe it is counter-productive and takes way from the great things he is accomplishing.

I think that's him jangling his keys at the stupids. He says something outrageous on the Twitter, and the mouthbreathers start hooting. Meanwhile he's over here getting shit done without a bunch of distractions.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ban/deport Omar Jadwat.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Ban/deport Omar Jadwat.
Nah, leave him alone. With a name like that, he's already got enough trouble. Razz

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

I think that's him jangling his keys at the stupids. He says something outrageous on the Twitter, and the mouthbreathers start hooting. Meanwhile he's over here getting shit done without a bunch of distractions.

So you're good with Trump's tweet this morning about Morning Joe? I'm not.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Morning Joe crap is below the office of President and I think he really needs to lay off this kind of trolling nonsense.

I can't wait to see all my Hillary-voting liberal extended family this Sunday at our annual reunion. How do I defend this guy with this bullshit? Confused

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump doesn't need defending by you and if his behavior upsets you so much, let's see if we can get Hillary Clinton to take his job.

Fucking WHO CARES??? He's fighting for us and he's pushing back at being CONSTANTLY, INCESSANTLY, BRUTALLY POUNDED BY EVERYONE IN THE PRESS FOR TWO YEARS NOW!!!

WAKE UP!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Morning Joe crap is below the office of President and I think he really needs to lay off this kind of trolling nonsense.

I can't wait to see all my Hillary-voting liberal extended family this Sunday at our annual reunion. How do I defend this guy with this bullshit? Confused

You remind them that, unlike them and the last guy, we don't see Trump as perfect and a deity who can do no wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't give a rat's ass about what some stupid Leftists think about Donald Trump. Fuck 'em all.

You're worried about being embarrassed by your President? Just where in the fuck have you been for the last 9 years?????????

"Beneath the President"???? Where were you when the honorable Barack Obama was letting Americans DIE in a foreign land, ignoring their constant pleas for assistance? Americans, in service of their country- IGNORED by the POTUS and left to die!! And you want to piss and moan about some fucking petty words on Goddamned Twitter??????

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

So you're good with Trump's tweet this morning about Morning Joe? I'm not.
And just so we're clear, the media/liberals are the cat.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I agree with ASG. President Trump uses social media to start a little fire over there while he does something worthwhile over here. Five months into his presidency, the media has been two steps behind.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Let me get this straight, does supporting your President mean you have to agree with everything he says and does, or if there is something you don't agree with, you keep your mouth shut about it?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post