SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh shit. I HOPE Trump has something to back this up as he's now firing back at Obama!

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oy

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
He probably did.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Oh shit. I HOPE Trump has something to back this up as he's now firing back at Obama!

Interesting how that article uses partial truth to make Trump sound ignorant re: McCarthyism. The whole question should be if it is true and what should be done.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
hopefully this is just a start

https://www.uscis.gov/news/ale...g-all-h-1b-petitions

Starting April 3, 2017, USCIS will temporarily suspend premium processing for all H-1B petitions. This suspension may last up to 6 months

As long as H-1B premium processing is suspended, people will not be able to file petitions for a nonimmigrant worker, the classification under which Indian IT companies send their employees to work in the U.S.

http://economictimes.indiatime...cleshow/57460833.cms

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Trump is hitting the tweets pretty hard, he must really have something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-tapping-phones.html

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Trump is hitting the tweets pretty hard, he must really have something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...phones.html#comments

He sure is. Goodness.

And this is about wire tapping, correct? He's not insinuating that a bug was planted in his office or something, right?

Anyway, I hope he has proof that he can get out there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump has good reason to feel Obama is attempting a silent coup.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ics-undermine-trump/

1. June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied.

2. July: Russia joke. Wikileaks releases emails from the Democratic National Committee that show an effort to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) from winning the presidential nomination. In a press conference, Donald Trump refers to Hillary Clinton’s own missing emails, joking: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” That remark becomes the basis for accusations by Clinton and the media that Trump invited further hacking.

3. October: Podesta emails. In October, Wikileaks releases the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta. The Clinton campaign blames Trump and the Russians.

4. October: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.

5. January 2017: Buzzfeed/CNN dossier. Buzzfeed releases, and CNN reports, a supposed intelligence “dossier” compiled by a foreign former spy. None of the allegations can be verified and some are proven false

6. January: Obama expands NSA sharing. As Michael Walsh later notes, and as the New York Times reports, the outgoing Obama administration “expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” The new powers, and reduced protections, could make it easier for intelligence on private citizens to be circulated improperly or leaked.

7. January: Times report. The New York Times reports, on the eve of Inauguration Day, that several agencies — the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Treasury Department are monitoring several associates of the Trump campaign suspected of Russian ties.

8. February: Mike Flynn scandal. Reports emerge that the FBI intercepted a conversation in 2016 between future National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — then a private citizen — and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The intercept supposedly was part of routine spying on the ambassador, not monitoring of the Trump campaign.

9. February: Times claims extensive Russian contacts. The New York Times cites “four current and former American officials” in reporting that the Trump campaign had “repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials. The Trump campaign denies the claims — and the Times admits that there is “no evidence” of coordination between the campaign and the Russians. The White House and some congressional Republicans begin to raise questions about illegal intelligence leaks.

10. March: the Washington Post targets Jeff Sessions. The Washington Post reports that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had contact twice with the Russian ambassador during the campaign — once at a Heritage Foundation event and once at a meeting in Sessions’s Senate office. The Post suggests that the two meetings contradict Sessions’s testimony at his confirmation hearings that he had no contacts with the Russians, though in context (not presented by the Post) it was clear he meant in his capacity as a campaign surrogate

In summary: the Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorization to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign; continued monitoring the Trump team even when no evidence of wrongdoing was found; then relaxed the NSA rules to allow evidence to be shared widely within the government, virtually ensuring that the information, including the conversations of private citizens, would be leaked to the media.

related articles:

http://www.nationalreview.com/...a-fisa-trump-wiretap

http://www.nationalreview.com/...y-its-all-disturbing

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope he has proof that he can get out there.

I hope they do more than "get it out there".

Like indict a former President:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Now that would be some crazy ass shit.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Friggin' burn it down. All of it. I'm talking scorched earth baby.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
DAMN!! I SOOOOO hope Trump is right about this! This would be a huge patch of sunlight to expose these traitorous scum. Already some different coverage between media outlets, of course.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
DAMN!! I SOOOOO hope Trump is right about this! This would be a huge patch of sunlight to expose these traitorous scum. Already some different coverage between media outlets, of course.

Let's have faith that Trump knows what he is doing. He has been proven correct on almost everything he has said and done. What concerns me is that the investigation now rests with an Obama fuckwad.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I messaged a friend about this and he came back with this:

quote:

I just saw a few tweets from Robert Costa who is a reliable reporter on Trump and he said he left the WH yesterday in a fury over the Sessions stuff and he didn't talk to anyone about his tweets this AM before he sent them. So who knows

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Holy cow.

You need to read all the documents from the sources in order.

November 7, 2016 (Day Before the Election!) Heat Street story that seems to have started this ball rolling

David French's January 11, 2017 National Review article

Andrew McCarty's January 11, 2017 National Review article released after French's story

Joel Pollak's March 3, 2017 Breitbart story

Reading all of the stories left me horrified.

There are three key elements that give rise to my response.

First, the Obama Administration went to the FISA court for a warrant. Under FISA, there does NOT need to be evidence of a crime; just evidence of a "national security" need. Second, the FISA court turned them down the first time. That is as rare as a rainbow farting Minotaur.

Second, the timing of these events. ll of it occurred after President Trump announced his candidacy and continued after the was elected. That alone indicates it was not a national security investigation but a political witch hunt.

Finally, there is the Obama Administration's track record of using fed.gov resources to target opponents, for example, hacking Sharyl Atkinson's computer after she reported on Fast and Furious and the whole IRSgate/Lerner criminality.

Now all we need is for the media to get off their asses and actually investigate this matter and to report on it frankly and truthfully.

That last line was an attempt at humor.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:

Let's have faith that Trump knows what he is doing. He has been proven correct on almost everything he has said and done. What concerns me is that the investigation now rests with an Obama fuckwad.

I don't see why Sessions would recuse himself from such an investigation. He's still the AG.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

I don't see why Sessions would recuse himself from such an investigation. He's still the AG.

Dumb move, imho, trying to pacify the cockroaches.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Dumb move, imho, trying to pacify the cockroaches.

What I'm saying is that if there is an investigation into Obama wire tapping Trump, I fully expect AG Sessions to be a part of that investigation. He only recused himself from an investigation into possible ties between Trump and Russia. I don't see how that would apply here and to what the Obama administration might have done.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I'd say it's more likely the Russians tapping Trump, rather than the former administration tapping him.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
I'd say it's more likely the Russians tapping Trump, rather than the former administration tapping him.

I'd take that bet. Obama has no morals. Only a drive to destroy everything his dad told him was bad. Yup, I'd say Obama ordered it.