SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
Since Trump was inaugurated, judicial vacancies have grown from 106 to 149. Upcoming resignations will boost the number of vacancies to 166

vital we push these thru. Glad McConnell finally made a move. He needs to go after DEMs w a sledge hammer. (a political virtual one of course)

I imagine the prospects of going through confirmation is making it harder to round up the most desirable nominees.

On the one hand, being a Federal judge is not the worst job in the world for a lawyer, although it takes a certain personality type to endure the unique challenges, and it is for life during good behavior, adequate but not particularly generous salary, medical care, excellent retirement, etc.

OTOH, running the confirmation gauntlet has to be the biggest hassle of one’s life. Not many have led such pristine lives without sin, misjudgments, overreactions, and lawyers are constantly dealing with dispute where tempers can flare, resentments hardened, and disagreements are a fact of daily life. Every one you have ever dealt with will have a chance to get even. Your professors, your writings, the judges you have appeared before will all be consulted. Your religion, your civic participations, political alliances, neighbors, relatives will all be scrutinized.

Someone who is a creditable candidate has enjoyed a fair amount of success, is very likely secure in his or her professional and family life, bills paid, bad habits kept within limits, mating habits, old misbehaviors obscured in the distant past, etc.

Not many feel the need to expose themselves to this charade.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Mitch McConnell Goes to the Mattresses for Trump's Judicial Nominees "

"Mattresses"?

Is there a play on words in that article?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A reference from "The Godfather" perhaps??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A reference from "The Godfather" perhaps??

Ah, OK, I had to look that up. Makes better sense than what I was imagining.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You know any good-a spots onna west side?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Way to go chump. You're a joke. A fool. A race-baiter. A waste of everyone's time.

Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...t-against-trump.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Winning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.958e6255e1f3

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Way to go chump. You're a joke. A fool. A race-baiter. A waste of everyone's time.

Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...t-against-trump.html

Al Green shares one brain cell with Sheila Jackson Lee. They're both raging DOLTS.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Love his soulful tunes, though

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Heheheh Cool

We covered "Love and Happiness" in a band I was in. Good tune!! My brother and I were the horn dudes...

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Someone needs do take his ass to the river, and push him in.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

quote:

"And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in the sand a line, you're either for or against, and if you can't decide who you like more and you're split on who you should stand beside, I'll do it for it for you with this. F--- you," he said toward the end, raising his middle finger.

Ref: Eminem unleashes on Trump: The 11 fiercest lines

Eminem? Eminem?!?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

That fracking no-talent hood rat wannabe? Sheee-it, I already flipped to another station whenever his noise came on the radio, anyway. This is a compliment.

Eminem.... Hahaha!

And I didn't think it was possible for rap to suck any more than it already does.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At least Vanilla Ice is doing something useful these days.

Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
More winning today with an Executive Order on healthcare. It's not perfect, but it is a YUGE step in the right direction!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
More winning today with an Executive Order on healthcare. It's not perfect, but it is a YUGE step in the right direction!

+1 Smile

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That mayor of San Juan is out of her mind. There is sanity...and then her about twenty three miles down the road.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
That mayor of San Juan is out of her mind. There is sanity...and then her about twenty three miles down the road.

“If I was a Republican President, which I would never be, I would have a vested interest in not a lot of [Puerto Ricans] moving [to the US]. Wherever Puerto Ricans land, it’s going to change. Where are they going to go? Florida. And how are they going to vote? Mostly Democrat. So if I were Mr. Trump I would want things to get here fast, very quickly. Because in the last two elections, the electoral map has come down to Florida.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story...expletive/754274001/

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Missouri pol apologized for hoping for Trump assassination. Now, she compares him to Hitler...

Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, D-University City, posted on Twitter Thursday morning a picture comparing Trump to Adolf Hitler.

JEFFERSON CITY • A University City state senator caught criticism on Thursday for the second time since August after she posted another controversial social media post regarding President Donald Trump.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...0B89BC16A7DF9646B9B6

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too easy

The perfect retort is just too easy.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Perhaps she should give some thought about what a real "Hitler" would do to her--her name suggests she was not Aryan.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post