SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And I was joking that she is really a vampire and isn't going anywhere....

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hopefully, we'll all wake up one morning very soon and find out that the crone has passed away in her sleep.
Didn't that already happen? Have they placed a mirror in front of her nose and mouth lately to verify?

Pretty much sure that's how they start every day's proceedings.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
More news you won't hear played up or discussed on the nightly news or the weekend shows. Imagine if the Messiah had negotiated their release Eek That's the only news that would be reported for weeks on end.

Freed Egyptian American prisoner returns home following Trump intervention

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
perhaps the mystery is solved of why Tom Brady canceled going to the White House at the last minute

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrit...house-153928312.html

Gisele Bündchen Tweets Anti-Trump Protest As Tom Brady Bails on White House

Just hours before the White House ceremony began Wednesday, Gisele promoted an anti-Trump protest called The People’s Climate March — saying, “On April 29th in Washington- D.C. – March for climate, jobs, and justice. To change everything, we need everyone.”

hours before the team was to go to the White House on Wednesday he released a statement that “In light of some recent developments, I am unable to attend today’s ceremony, as I am attending to some personal family matters.”

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Brady found his missing jerseys now he needs to search for his nut sack. Start with your wife's purse Tom.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hey, if you're gonna be pussy whipped, make sure you do it with a supermodel Smile.

I believe Brady is a Trump supporter, he always has been. I know the media in Boston gave him a boatload of shit about it. He is a private guy and he tries to avoid personal controversy. If he had gone the media up there would have slayed him. Does that make him a wuss for not being outspoken about his beliefs? Maybe. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor and not every "celebrity" needs to be in your face on how they lean politically. Plenty of hollywood conservatives do the exact same thing. Do I wish some were more outspoken? Of course. But some people just don't need to splash their lives all over facespace like most liberals do.

I'm glad Bill and Mr. Kraft went, that right there is a strong message. Kraft and Trump couldn't be further apart politically I believe but they have a mutual respect and are friends. And coach Darth Hoodie? Well he just gives no fucks.

I smiled at the irony that the shirt Trump was given is a "Patriot" shirt. Despite his faults I believe Trump is a patriot who loves this country first and foremost. A dam sight better than the last squatter we had in the peoples' house.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

I smiled at the irony that the shirt Trump was given is a "Patriot" shirt. .

It would have been better to give him a Texans shirt, but they didn't get invited somehow.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, if you're gonna be pussy whipped, make sure you do it with a supermodel Smile.

I believe Brady is a Trump supporter, he always has been. I know the media in Boston gave him a boatload of shit about it. He is a private guy and he tries to avoid personal controversy. If he had gone the media up there would have slayed him. Does that make him a wuss for not being outspoken about his beliefs? Maybe. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor and not every "celebrity" needs to be in your face on how they lean politically. Plenty of hollywood conservatives do the exact same thing. Do I wish some were more outspoken? Of course. But some people just don't need to splash their lives all over facespace like most liberals do.

Going to the White House which the winning Superbowl team traditionally does is being "outspoken" in your politically beliefs? I don't know what you're talking about. Not going for political reasons is him being more outspoken. It's frankly pathetic if he didn't go because his liberal, know nothing wife told him not to. Pathetic. With a capital "P."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I disagree. He is a private guy who does not like controversy. Whether or not his wife factored into his decision we will never know. So I guess when your wife and you disagree you just tell her to fuck off your a man and will do what you want? So in your eyes he is less of a man because he does not shout his beliefs from the rooftops? He didn't tell her to go make him a sandwich and shut the fuck up? He does not go on social media and weigh in on every hot button topic every second like every liberal loon does? He did not want to turn his visit into something political so it's bad? Quite frankly the politics would have overshadowed the visit and he avoided it. Don't blame that on him blame that on the media.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree. He is a private guy who does not like controversy. Whether or not his wife factored into his decision we will never know. So I guess when your wife and you disagree you just tell her to fuck off your a man and will do what you want? So in your eyes he is less of a man because he does not shout his beliefs from the rooftops? He didn't tell her to go make him a sandwich and shut the fuck up? He does not go on social media and weigh in on every hot button topic every second like every liberal loon does? He did not want to turn his visit into something political so it's bad? Quite frankly the politics would have overshadowed the visit and he avoided it. Don't blame that on him blame that on the media.

Nice Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I would say yes, he is less of a man if he turned down the honor of an invitation to the white house with his team due to his wife's policy views. She wasn't invited. She didn't have to go. Being honored with your team at the white house is not a political statement. Bailing at the last minute is a political statement, even if it was not his politics driving the decision.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

No I tell her to clean up and make me a Pot Pie

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm a Patriots and Tom Brady fan. I think he made a mistake not going and I also think that action makes more of a statement than going. Maybe he really did have another reason he couldn't make the visit, but I'm disappointed he didn't go.

ETA, sorry to extend a topic that's not really part of this thread.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Given that TB is a "spokesman" for the Patriots and the invite is both an honor for the man and a duty as the spokesman, he should have gone.

I know we will never be rid of politics, but some things while looking like taking a position and standing tall, while in the short term, make one look like Superman on the mountain top, cape flowing and music blaring, fade and become just another person showing their ass.

And the last image people remember.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Two cancer surgeries in two different areas, and a stint, and she's 84 now...

...all the push-ups in the world will only do so much for so long.

She reminds me of the badguy with sand-internals from Hell Boy.

She reminds me of shoe leather.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Mmmmm pot pie.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Long ago and far away, if one was invited to the WH, one dropped everything and went. It was unacceptably crass to not go. Simple good manners.

At the same time and place, one never revealed the content of private conversations with the President, no matter what.

Long ago and far away was a strange and lonely place.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm glad Bill and Mr. Kraft went, that right there is a strong message. Kraft and Trump couldn't be further apart politically I believe but they have a mutual respect and are friends. And coach Darth Hoodie? Well he just gives no fucks.

I smiled at the irony that the shirt Trump was given is a "Patriot" shirt. Despite his faults I believe Trump is a patriot who loves this country first and foremost. A dam sight better than the last squatter we had in the peoples' house.

When Kraft's wife died Trump was there for him and provided a great deal of friendship and support.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I would say yes, he is less of a man if he turned down the honor of an invitation to the white house with his team due to his wife's policy views. She wasn't invited. She didn't have to go. Being honored with your team at the white house is not a political statement. Bailing at the last minute is a political statement, even if it was not his politics driving the decision.

Would people feel the same way (hating on an athlete for bailing on a presidential invite) if it had happened a year ago? If an athlete bailed on a meet and greet with zippy because he had a conservative wife that strongly disliked the president?

I suspect, in that case, people would probably be happy about it. . .

Edit to clarify my point: I think most people here have a problem with they guy, not for ditching the president, but for ditching President Trump. Had it been zippy, most of us would rejoice over the snub. So, all the high-sounding notions of him 'representing the team and how he had a duty to attend the presidential invitation' are moot, IMO.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbinky:
I disagree.QUOTE]

Mmmmm pot pie.

KFC has really good ones. I wonder if the President has tried them.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post