SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://apnews.com/82a8c0ba374...witter&utm_medium=AP

Fox News Channel has pulled legal analyst Andrew Napolitano from the air after disavowing his on-air claim that British intelligence officials had helped former President Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump.

A person with knowledge of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a personnel matter said Napolitano has been benched and won't be appearing on the air in the near future. Fox had no immediate comment Monday.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So when will the cover-up end? I thought he was very knowledgeable about constitutional law. Is he too close to the truth? Et tu Fox?

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Comey should be looking for a job and Hillary should be in court pleading guilty.
Trump could make both of these things happen but for whatever reason shows no interest in doing so even though he knows that both are obstructionists to his presidency and and at least one if not both are actively seeking a path to his impeachment.

Strange times.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
When Comey was testifying yesterday, Trey Gowdy did indirectly bring up his list of possible leakers.

"Do you know whether Director [of National Intelligence] James Clapper knew the name of the U.S. citizen that appeared in the New York Times and Washington Post?"

"Would Director [of the Central Intelligence Agency] John Brennan have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen’s name?"

"Would National Security Adviser Susan Rice have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen’s name?"

"Would former White House Advisor Ben Rhodes have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen’s name?"

"echo chamber" Ben Rhodes

"Would former Attorney General Loretta Lynch have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen’s name?"

"So that would also include Acting AG Sally Yates ?"

"Did you brief President Obama on any calls involving Michael Flynn?"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-bombshell-congress/

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you really expect Comey to not say anything at all that might be perceived as negative for the President?

It doesn't matter what Comey says. My default position is that anything coming out of his mouth is a LIE. He is a proven weasel.

At this point, I'm certainly not convinced that there wasn't any surveillance on team Trump.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Can Trump fire Comey?
I know it would be bad timing to do it now ~ but he has to go!

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Can Trump fire Comey?
I know it would be bad timing to do it now ~ but he has to go!

Legally yes. Clinton did it.

posted Hide Post
Background on why Sessions, FBI director, was able to be fired:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/...t-s-Name-Was-Clinton

Since the end of the 48 year tenure of J. Edgar Hoover in 1972, the office of FBI Director has been a Presidential appointment to a 10 year term with Senate confirmation. Of all the FBI directors who have been appointed and confirmed since then, only one has been fired by the President.

When Bill Clinton took office in January , 1993, his FBI Director was William S. Sessions, serving an appointment made by Ronald Reagan at the time of the Iran-Contra affair. Making it clear that the new President did not want the Republican FBI Director in his Administration, Clinton’s newly appointed Attorney General, Janet Reno, quietly pressured Mr. Sessions to resign.

This wasn’t a matter of mere partisanship. William Sessions was an awful FBI Director. According to the New York Times’ account of the matter, the Director loved the trappings and pomp of his high office, but took little interest in the actual job of running the FBI, leaving the critically important agency leaderless and adrift just as the mission was shifting, from counterintelligence against the newly fallen USSR, to defending against the specter of domestic and international terrorism. The FBI was devolving into warring internal factions.

Undercurrents of unrest surfaced last year when several complaints led to an internal inquiry by the Office of Professional Responsibility, an internal watchdog unit of the Justice Department.

The report found that Mr. Sessions had taken numerous free trips aboard F.B.I. aircraft to visits friends and relatives, often taking along his wife, Alice. The report, which was endorsed officially by Attorney General William P. Barr on his last day in office, detailed a litany of abuses. It is a lacerating portrayal of the Director as an official who was in charge of enforcing the law but who seemed blase about perceptions of his own conduct."
The report found that Mr. Sessions had taken numerous free trips aboard F.B.I. aircraft to visits friends and relatives, often taking along his wife, Alice. The report, which was endorsed officially by Attorney General William P. Barr on his last day in office, detailed a litany of abuses. It is a lacerating portrayal of the Director as an official who was in charge of enforcing the law but who seemed blase about perceptions of his own conduct."
--------------------
So it can be done, but there has to be a very substantial reason to do it. Comey is a liar and a Clinton friend, but there must be proof that he is doing a poor job.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Did I miss something? There is a deadline to repeal Obamacare? How is Thursday the magic day where it is all or nothing?

Or is this more fake news?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
It's not an "official" deadline, it's just the date Paul Ryan & weasels set to have the House vote.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Did I miss something? There is a deadline to repeal Obamacare? How is Thursday the magic day where it is all or nothing?

Or is this more fake news?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mark Meadows is certain that the Freedom Caucus is standing fast against this statist bullshit that Ryan is shoveling. I pray he's right so we can force the administration and establishment RINOs to do this the correct way - the free market way.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HzadC1imjQ

Reviving NASA and bringing people together to get the job done and place someone on the moon.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Mark Meadows is certain that the Freedom Caucus is standing fast against this statist bullshit that Ryan is shoveling. I pray he's right so we can force the administration and establishment RINOs to do this the correct way - the free market way.

-Rob
We live in strange times, don't we. We have the Freedom Caucus standing with the "We Hate This Country" democrats against the GOPe in the House, to try and kill the current bill.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://apnews.com/82a8c0ba374...witter&utm_medium=AP

Fox News Channel has pulled legal analyst Andrew Napolitano from the air after disavowing his on-air claim that British intelligence officials had helped former President Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump.

A person with knowledge of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a personnel matter said Napolitano has been benched and won't be appearing on the air in the near future. Fox had no immediate comment Monday.

Murdoch's sons are now running the show, and both are Leftists. Fox's drift leftward will accelerate. Canning the judge is just one manifestation.

On conservative/libertarian sites I have seen many comments to the effect that we have no main stream news outlets on television that we can trust at all. "I trust only Trump," sums up a lot of the comments.

Sides have never been so clearly drawn-- at least, not since 1860. It's Trump-- and us-- on one side. And just about everyone else on the other-- including agencies like the FBI, IRS, and others, the so called "media," the Democrat Party, RINOs, academia, the entertainment industry. Who am I forgetting? You get the picture.

Right now the contest is drain the swamp versus an attempted coup.

Strange days. Gird your loins.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Were Trump’s Tweets Right After All?

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ance-nunes-says.html

Today House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters that, as has long been rumored and reported, one or more intelligence agencies did collect communications of members of President Trump’s campaign during the Fall of 2016:

Members of the intelligence community collected “incidental” communications of the Trump transition team during legal surveillance operations of foreign targets, a top Republican lawmaker said Wednesday afternoon.

House Intelligence Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said this produced “dozens” of reports which eventually unmasked several individuals’ identities and were “widely disseminated.”

He said none of the reports he had read mentioned Russia or Russians and he was unsure whether the surveillance occurred at Trump Tower — as President Trump has suggested. Nunes also was unsure if then President-elect Trump was captured by the surveillance, which occurred in November, December and January.

"incidental surveillance"

LOL...

Something like Clapper's "not wittingly" I'm sure...

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
So...let me get this straight:

Susan Rice - the Obama hack who holds a record for lying about the Benghazi attacks on all the major Sunday morning talk shows - writes an op-ed in the WaPo titled "When the White House twists the truth, we are all less safe.”

And Jen Psaki - one half of the Valley Girl duo doing spokespersons duty for Obama at State - writes for CNN that "Trump's Credibility is Shot."

Good thing we are getting these valuable objective opinions from real experts.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
So Nunes is basically saying that Comey is a liar? Does that mean Comey perjured himself?

Just trying to keep score at home.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob
We live in strange times, don't we. We have the Freedom Caucus standing with the "We Hate This Country" democrats against the GOPe in the House, to try and kill the current bill.

My own Congresswoman is always going to vote with "leadership". Ann Wagner is a climber.
I'm going to call her office and voice my displeasure.

You can get an idea of where your Congress-critter stands here:
How House Republicans Are Planning to Vote on the Obamacare Replacement
https://www.nytimes.com/intera...ticle&pgtype=article

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
So Nunes is basically saying that Comey is a liar? Does that mean Comey perjured himself?

Just trying to keep score at home.

First thing that crossed my mind as well. I don't know what this means with respect to Comey's testimony. He gave himself cover by refusing to get into any investigations, other than Russian involvement, although he DID say there was no evidence of Trump being wiretapped.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post